Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Meanwell ELN-60-48D LED Driver

Default Meanwell ELN-60-48D LED Driver

Specs: http://www.powergatellc.com/pdfs/ELN-60.pdf
    Alternate link: http://www.nanotuners.com/product_in...roducts_id=630

Can one of the experts please give me some very basic connections needed to make this device interface with Profilux Plus II Ex? (This is a driver for do-it-yourself LED lighting systems).

I would like to have the ability to have my profilux control the intensity of an LED system i am building and appreciate your help.

This device has 1-10V dimming capability but I do not know how it would connect to the Profilux and what additional devices may be necessary if any. Thanks!

The only thing you need is a LBFAP that is connectet to an L-Port. Connect the 1-10 V Control from the meanwell there. Thats all you need form ProfiLux side. LED side would be harder i think.

thanks for the fast response. I'm not familiar with an LBFAP. Can you point me to a link / explain a bit more?

I am figuring out the LED side so I'm comfortable there.

Assume i have the meanwell 48V plugged directly into the wall outlet (AC / Mains). I can regulate 1-10 V by plugging directly into the profilux w/ this LBFAP?

or just telling me what LBFAP stands for would help. a google search didnt return anything i could make out in english. thanks.

Superb. Thanks so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    The only thing you need is a LBFAP that is connectet to an L-Port. Connect the 1-10 V Control from the meanwell there. Thats all you need form ProfiLux side. LED side would be harder i think.
    Really?
    I thought it would have been better to use the EVG-AP-1F to also switch off the power supply to the Meanwell driver as well?

I'm intending on doing this same thing on my tank upgrade next year using around 12 of the same Meanwell drivers and 150ish 3w Cree Leds.

Martin:
    I have a profilux plus II, and already have 2 L channels being used for my Tunze nanos (that I'd like to replace with Vortechs if they can be controlled by Profilux). If I was to get the ex upgrade for the purpose of obtaining extra L channels, would I be able to control multiple (3) Meanwell drivers off each channel or does the 10v Control line have a limitation?

Sorry about the side tracking of your topic jonnybravo22, just thought it might be a good idea to keep Meanwell driver stuff in one topic since theres a bunch of us out there looking at doing the same thing

My intention is to construct 3 independant LED light modules that can be daisy chained off one another.

no problem at all -- since you're here i may ask you some questions! i'll pm for now.

Hi again Martin,
    what would be our better option out of the two? I only have experience with the EVG card because I use one for my dimmable Osram T5 ballasts. Hence my above post.
    The LBFAP appears to be more simple although I cannot find any information on it in the manual section of the website, so am basing that on the little picture in the link provided.

If you already got an EVG-AP 2F but only connected one ballast you are free to use the second 1-10 V output for your LED driver. Thats the easy way.
    I am unfamiliar with the meanwell driver if it needs a cut off or not. In case it needs a cut off, connect the power line of the meanwell driver also to the EVG-AP 2F. In case you only have a EVG-AP 1F i would replace it to an EVG-AP 2F for the T5 ballast and the LED driver.

@camnbron

yes, 1-10 Volt line are limited at 10 with ProfiLux 2 series. 8 for light controlling and 2 for things like pump controlling or fan controlling.