Thread: Connecting 2 profilux together

Default Connecting 2 profilux together

Hi all could anyone advise me on would it be possible to connect 2 profilux 3 computers together by the use of a pab cable connected from one profilux to the other so one could act as master the other as slave

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

would it be possible to connect 2 profilux 3 computers together ...so one could act as master the other as slave
    No, that´s not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    No, that´s not possible.
    Have a look at this so a reply from another reefer

you can connect more than one Master (here:ProfiLux) to the same PAB bus, but they must be in different PAB groups, otherwise there are collisions<br />
    <br />
    each PAB master has its own slaves in its group, slaves can't be shared<br />
    <br />
    the advantage is:<br />
    you can access all masters trough one master, e.g. LAN or USB communication is tunneled through the PAB - then you need to use different device addresses (which are here the PAB groups) in GCC

Have a look at this so a reply from another reefer
    Where is the problem? The referrer says in general the same: Your wish "so one could act as master the other as slave" is not possible.
    Even if the devices share the same communication line, there is no communication between the devices.

En détail:

you can connect more than one Master (here:ProfiLux) to the same PAB bus, but they must be in different PAB groups, otherwise there are collisions
    Different PAB groups means: No collaboration, no communication between devices

each PAB master has its own slaves in its group, slaves can't be shared
    This also means: No collaboration, no device sharing

you can access all masters trough one master, e.g. LAN or USB communication is tunneled through the PAB - then you need to use different device addresses (which are here the PAB groups) in GCC
    This refers only to GCC communication, so it´s possible to connect PL3-1 to LAN and control PL3-2 with GCC via PL3-1 and PAB as gateway.
    It´s not possible to control them simultaneous due you have to set the device address you want to connect to and there is no collaboration.

Remark: Transfer of the webserver connection via PAB isn´t possible (means: Connecting the webserver PL3-2 via LAN of PL3-1 isn´t possible)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    Where is the problem? The referrer says in general the same: Your wish "so one could act as master the other as slave" is not possible.
    Even if the devices share the same communication line, there is no communication between the devices.

En détail:

Different PAB groups means: No collaboration, no communication between devices

This also means: No collaboration, no device sharing

This refers only to GCC communication, so it´s possible to connect PL3-1 to LAN and control PL3-2 with GCC via PL3-1 and PAB as gateway.
    It´s not possible to control them simultaneous due you have to set the device address you want to connect to and there is no collaboration.

Remark: Transfer of the webserver connection via PAB isn´t possible (means: Connecting the webserver PL3-2 via LAN of PL3-1 isn´t possible)
    Sorry I don't understand all this the reply I got above says it is possible

Quote Originally Posted by john7103 View Post
    Sorry I don't understand all this the reply I got above says it is possible

I'm after reading there again what you said and do you mean they have to be controlled separately

the reply I got above says it is possible
    No.

To say it again and clear: Your wish "so one could act as master the other as slave" is not possible.