Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P3 Ex not reading Temp Probe

Default P3 Ex not reading Temp Probe

i unhooked the probe to wash it and when i plug the probe back in the P3 Ex couldn't read it anymore it just showed ---

Be sure it's plugged into the right socket and it's plugged in all the way!

Always at sea;

Dr. Antonio Longo

if it shows "---" the probe is deactivated -> activate it

if there is a sensor damage or not plugged in correctly ProfiLux displays "***"
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

it worked thanks!

is there a way to calibrate it yet? it's not reading the same as my thermometer

you can calibrate
    -GHL Control Center in expert mode.
    -directly on PL

how do i do it directly on PL? there's no calibration option for temp?

is there a way to calibrate it yet?
    The temp sensor is pre-calibrated in factory and it´s not really possible to recalibrate the temp sensor.
    Reason for that is simple: To calibrate the temperature input (in fact, it´s not the sensor which needs to be calibrated) you need equipment you normally not have.
    Normally there is no drift or change in temperature measurement, so the temp sensor should be accurate with factory settings.

However, there are two possibilities:
    • Recovering of the factory calibration if you have destroyed/changed it by mistake (it´s not possible to calibrate like other sensors).
    • Shifting the temperature up or down if you are sure it´s not accurate - see below.

it's not reading the same as my thermometer
    If you are sure, your thermometer is accurate (and trust it more than the Profilux), you can justify the temp in the sensor´s menu if you have activated the expert view. As I know this option is not available at device itself.
    Last edited by Gunther; 07.02.2016 at 20:35.

i noticed the temp is quickly jumping around to different numbers would a factory reset fix this? if so will my probes still stay calibrated after the factory reset as i just calibrated them not long ago? thanks

i noticed the temp is quickly jumping around to different numbers
    Due the temperature in a tank normally isn´t jumping fast, the reason may something else like interference with a lamp´s power cable or a leckage current from a pump

would a factory reset fix this?
    I do´t think so. Test if the temperature also jups if the sensor is completely out of water and far away from other cables. You also may try to switch off other devices to test if one causes the jumping

if so will my probes still stay calibrated after the factory reset as i just calibrated them not long ago?

No ... except the temperature probe But it´s possible to save settings and also the sensor data and restore them afterwards.