Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vortech

Default vortech

I received today email abot that vortech will release developement kit for third party aquarium controllers

does that mean that we will finally get connection to vortech pumps?

EcoTech Marine Releases Development Kit for Third Party Aquarium Controllers

November 13, 2009—Lehigh Valley, PA— EcoTech Marine, the company that revolutionized the reef aquarium propeller pump, has announced the release of a development kit for third-party aquarium controller companies for its award-winning VorTech line. Although no firm release date has been established by manufacturers, stay tuned for announcements as controller companies begin to bring this desired technology to market.

“We are extremely excited about this development,” says Tim Marks, president of EcoTech Marine. “While the VorTech wave driver already provides extensive functionality right out of the box, this enables customers to integrate our market-leading flow technology with their lighting, dosing, pH and other systems. We look forward to enabling VorTech customers to be able to fully customize and control their pump using the aquarium controller of their choice.”

In addition to offering customizable controllability of the VorTech remotely through your controller, EcoTech customers will be able to download firmware updates and be remotely updated as to the operating conditions of the VorTech. The vast benefits of the controller are emerging as companies take interest and start working with the development kit.

EcoTech's development kit is now available to the industry's leading controller companies and together we are making the necessary arrangements to bring controller interfaces to production. “We have heard our customers' request and worked diligently to bring a solution that will maintain the same level of quality and technological superiority that you have come to expect from us,” said Marks.

The patented VorTech technology produces unmatched broad yet gentle flow while placing the motor outside the tank—preserving the beauty of the aquarium and enhancing the health of the tank’s ecosystem. With all the electrical components outside the aquarium and a variety of easy-to-program modes, the VorTech is the safest, most versatile pump on the market.

Visit ecotechmarine.com for news, information, product descriptions, customer images and more.

I am very excited about the possiblity of the Profilux controlling VorTech pumps.

Hi

all I can say is:
    we are in touch with Vortech and we are interested in connecting ProfiLux and Vortech

let's wait for the docs and specs, then I can tell you if it is possible in the near future

Keeping my finger crossed

It's really very interesting. I own 2 Vortech and of course I would like to control them
    GHL Iberia

I see that the Koralia's have to use an add on box will this be the same as the Vortechs? It would be nice to plug these in like the Tunze do!

Quote Originally Posted by Gonewyld View Post
    I see that the Koralia's have to use an add on box will this be the same as the Vortechs? It would be nice to plug these in like the Tunze do!
    no, they are only for Koralia, Vortech has complete different technology

great to know thanks!

Any updates on an interface yet?

Lets get the P3 launched first and then we can start talking about Vortech.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support