Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Salinity control

Quote Originally Posted by GazzMan View Post
    Is there any more assistance on this please, when I set up as described above, It just empties my top of chamber.

I'm wanting this to work as my ATO, when salinity is low, I want it to top off with RO, when salt water, when salinity is high, I want it to top off with ro water.
    Is there anyone that can PLEASE help me with this.

Cant help you with the latest firmware part of your question as Im still running pre GHL cloud version of firmware.

Im happy to post up details of how mine operates with older firmware.

In essence, its simply some programmable logic that turns on a socket for RO top up if the salinity is high or equal to the target level and the level sensor is low OR turns on the Salt Water top up if the salinity is low and the level sensor is low.
    Stay up to date with my efforts at Blue Tang Breeding here http://facebook.com/RegalTangBreeding and Mccullochi Clownfish Breeding here https://www.facebook.com/MccullochiClownfishBreeding

That would be great capt, thank you very much.

Like I said, what's happening with what Vinnie has advised is its dumping all of my top up water in the tank in one go, I'm not using the cloud also.

My configuration is setup to deliver the following:

Water top up will only occur if the Filter 1 setting is active. This means that during a maintenance and a feed pause the top up process is suspended.
    Top up will only occur if the level sensor is in the sump is low and will last for a maximum of 60 seconds.
    Water must be low for 2 seconds before a top up will be initiated.

If the in sump level sensor is low and the conductivity needs to be increased (salinity of the water is below the target less the hysteresis value) and there is water above the level of the sensor in the salt water top up container, then the salt water top up pump will be turned on. The turn on time is limited to 1 minute and will stop 2 seconds after the in sump level sensor reaches the desired level or if the salt water top up container water level is lower than the sensor.

Alternately if the in sump level sensor is low and the conductivity needs to be decreased (salinity of the water is NOT below the target less the hysteresis value) and there is water above the level of the sensor in the RO water top up container, then the RO water top up pump will be turned on. The turn on time is limited to 1 minute and will stop 2 seconds after the in sump level sensor reaches the desired level or if the RO water top up container water level is lower than the sensor.

In your case, if you don’t have level sensors in the top up containers, don’t use Programmable Logic 14 and Programmable Logic 15 and change the socket configurations as listed below.
    If you do have top up sensors and your sensors are configured differently to mine (e.g. not using digital inputs) you may need to invert signals, change the programmable logic as applicable and/or change the activation times etc for your setup.

In my case this is primarily use to deliver salt water back into the system as I remove fish from my grow out system (I breed fish), plus deal with the day to day evaporation/RO top up requirements. I also run this on my breeding setups, but it is rare that they use the salt water top up.

The settings I have are as follows

System Configuration
    Profilux 3 Ex
    Firmware Version 6.18
    Level Sensor for sump water level 1
    Socket for RO Top Up S5
    Socket for Salt Water Top Up S6
    Filter 1 controls return pump
    Salt water container water level Digital Input 1
    RO Top Up container water level Digital Input 2

Level Sensor Settings
    Control Circuit 1
    Operational Mode Auto Top Up
    Maximum On Time 0:01:00
    Reset error Automatically ticked
    Auto Top off (ATO) Always active ticked
    Used sensors for this control 1
    Reaction Time 2 Seconds (set at bottom of the screen)

Programmable Logic 10
    Input 1 Fill Water (ATO) 1
    Input 2 Conduct.(S) 1 Increase
    Invert NOT ticked
    Function AND
    Description Top Up with Salt Water

Programmable Logic 11
    Invert ticked
    Function AND
    Description Top Up with RO Water

Programmable Logic 12
    Input 1 Programmable Logic 10
    Input 2 Filter 1
    Function AND
    Description Only Top Up Salt Water when Filter 1 ON

Programmable Logic 13
    Input 1 Programmable Logic 11
    Input 2 Filter 1
    Function AND
    Description Only Top Up RO Water when Filter 1 ON

Programmable Logic 14
    Note: Only use if you have level sensor in Top Up container
    Input 1 Programmable Logic 12
    Input 2 Digital Input 1
    Function AND
    Description Only Run if Salt Water in container

Programmable Logic 15
    Input 1 Programmable Logic 13
    Input 2 Digital Input 2
    Function AND
    Description Only Run if RO Water in container

Socket 5
    Programmable Logic 15 (or 13 if you do not have level sensor in Top Up container)

Socket 6
    Programmable Logic 14 (or 12 if you do not have level sensor in Top Up container)

Hope this helps/gets you there. If you have issues let me know and I may be able to assist.
    Last edited by CaptCrash; 20.03.2016 at 13:19. Reason: Typing
    Stay up to date with my efforts at Blue Tang Breeding here http://facebook.com/RegalTangBreeding and Mccullochi Clownfish Breeding here https://www.facebook.com/MccullochiClownfishBreeding

Thank you very much indeed capt, I'll type it in in the morning al let you know how I get on.

Thanks again mate

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCrash View Post
    My configuration is setup to deliver the following:

Water top up will only occur if the Filter 1 setting is active. This means that during a maintenance and a feed pause the top up process is suspended.
    Top up will only occur if the level sensor is in the sump is low and will last for a maximum of 60 seconds.
    Water must be low for 2 seconds before a top up will be initiated.

If the in sump level sensor is low and the conductivity needs to be increased (salinity of the water is below the target less the hysteresis value) and there is water above the level of the sensor in the salt water top up container, then the salt water top up pump will be turned on. The turn on time is limited to 1 minute and will stop 2 seconds after the in sump level sensor reaches the desired level or if the salt water top up container water level is lower than the sensor.

Alternately if the in sump level sensor is low and the conductivity needs to be decreased (salinity of the water is NOT below the target less the hysteresis value) and there is water above the level of the sensor in the RO water top up container, then the RO water top up pump will be turned on. The turn on time is limited to 1 minute and will stop 2 seconds after the in sump level sensor reaches the desired level or if the RO water top up container water level is lower than the sensor.

In your case, if you don’t have level sensors in the top up containers, don’t use Programmable Logic 14 and Programmable Logic 15 and change the socket configurations as listed below.
    If you do have top up sensors and your sensors are configured differently to mine (e.g. not using digital inputs) you may need to invert signals, change the programmable logic as applicable and/or change the activation times etc for your setup.

In my case this is primarily use to deliver salt water back into the system as I remove fish from my grow out system (I breed fish), plus deal with the day to day evaporation/RO top up requirements. I also run this on my breeding setups, but it is rare that they use the salt water top up.

The settings I have are as follows

System Configuration
    Profilux 3 Ex
    Firmware Version 6.18
    Level Sensor for sump water level 1
    Socket for RO Top Up S5
    Socket for Salt Water Top Up S6
    Filter 1 controls return pump
    Salt water container water level Digital Input 1
    RO Top Up container water level Digital Input 2

Level Sensor Settings
    Control Circuit 1
    Operational Mode Auto Top Up
    Maximum On Time 0:01:00
    Reset error Automatically ticked
    Auto Top off (ATO) Always active ticked
    Used sensors for this control 1
    Reaction Time 2 Seconds (set at bottom of the screen)

Programmable Logic 10
    Invert NOT ticked
    Function AND

Programmable Logic 11
    Invert ticked
    Function AND

Programmable Logic 12
    Input 1 Programmable Logic 10
    Input 2 Filter 1
    Function AND
    Description Only Top Up Salt Water when Filter 1 ON

Programmable Logic 13
    Input 1 Programmable Logic 11
    Input 2 Filter 1
    Function AND
    Description Only Top Up RO Water when Filter 1 ON

Programmable Logic 14
    Input 1 Programmable Logic 12
    Input 2 Digital Input 1
    Function AND
    Description Only Run if Salt Water in container

Programmable Logic 15
    Input 1 Programmable Logic 13
    Input 2 Digital Input 2
    Function AND
    Description Only Run if RO Water in container

Socket 5
    Programmable Logic 15 (or 13 if you do not have level sensor in Top Up container)

Socket 6
    Programmable Logic 14 (or 12 if you do not have level sensor in Top Up container)

Hope this helps/gets you there. If you have issues let me know and I may be able to assist.

Wow. Thanks for taking the time to post such a nice detailed logic!

Wish we had more like this!

Thank you very much

Always at sea;

Dr. Antonio Longo