Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salinity control

Default Salinity control

I have AWC and ato set up nicely now, can someone please point me in the right direction, using the latest firmware, on how to set up salinity control, Ie, top of with salt water when salinity is low, and top of with ro water, when salinity is ok or high.

Here's how you setup salinity control:

1. Go to "Switch channels and Outlets", select the socket you want to use for increasing salinity, set it to "Conduct. (S) 1 Increase".
    2. Select the socket to be used for lowering salinity, set it to "Conduct. (S) 1 Decrease".
    3. Save settings

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Here's how you setup salinity control:

1. Go to "Switch channels and Outlets", select the socket you want to use for increasing salinity, set it to "Conduct. (S) 1 Increase".
    2. Select the socket to be used for lowering salinity, set it to "Conduct. (S) 1 Decrease".
    3. Save settings
    where do I find "Switch channels and Outlets"

Quote Originally Posted by GazzMan View Post
    where do I find "Switch channels and Outlets"

In GHL Control Center under system
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

A little help goes a long way, are we talking about socket functions, there is nothing called switch channels and outlets under system.

Untitled.jpg
    Last edited by GazzMan; 06.02.2016 at 10:56.

In the tree view on the left, under "system" is an entry "socket functions"

since you use an older version of GCC it is called "socket functions", in the newer version it is "Switch channels and Outlets"

same meaning - the location where you assign your socket functions (resp. "switching" functions)
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Ok, I havnt updated it as I believe the update was only for the doser 2 which I don't have, thank you Matthias.

Are the settings above correct as when I tried them it dumped 8L of salt water into my sump, I want this to work off of my ATO

Is there any more assistance on this please, when I set up as described above, It just empties my top of chamber.

I'm wanting this to work as my ATO, when salinity is low, I want it to top off with RO, when salt water, when salinity is high, I want it to top off with ro water.

Am I posting this in the wrong place guys, still no answers

Just thinking out loud here but does it work in the same way the ATU where you set a max on time for the socket?? That way the water would go in for a period of time and then off. The probe would then be able to take a reading.

I would guess the probe is not sensitive enough to know you have added salt water. Therefore, it keeps adding until it runs out...