Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to work Profilux Vortech Controller?

Default how to work Profilux Vortech Controller?

i plug one rj45 cable to the profilux from the vortech controller and the other rj45 cable to the pab power bar from the vortech controller as well? my vortech isn't wireless that doesn't matter right?

Hi,

The PAB powerbar should be connected directly to the Profilux. You can then connect the Vortech controller either directly to the other PAB port on the Profilux or an available port on the PAB powerbar.

thanks vinny, how do i connect my vortech powerhead to the controller though? can't just plug the powerhead into the pab powerbar right? do i have to detach my powerhead from its original controller and somehow connect/wire it to the profilux?

Hi,

You do not have to have the pump connected to the Powerbar.

The GHL vortech controller will wirelessly communicate with the Vortech controller.

Here's the instruction manual for the controller:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...roller-manual/

is 1 pab port good enough for 2 powerheads or is each port on the controller for each powerhead? i noticed there's 2 ports thanks

1 pab port good enough for 2 powerheads or is each port on the controller for each powerhead? i noticed there's 2 ports thanks
    One is enough. Two cables will not work due you cause a not allowed loop with that. Obviously it´s a good idea to read the PAB System descripton:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...m-description/

what's the point of the second port on the vortech controller then?

that is so you add more Pab devises. I have 5 vortech pumps running on my controller just follow the instructions to the T. Think off it that the controller tells the pumps what to do. But I cannot say how important it is that you follow the manual ..
    profilux 3x wireless enabled 3 ecotech pumps and wireless adapter
    3 Simuspots 2 levl sensors ( min /max)
    4 channel dossing pump 2 PAB 6 outlets
    Temp PH and redox sensors 2 mitras 6100HV
    touch Condutivity sensor wireles card

I have read you posts again and is it your pump that is not wireless. In order for the controller to work with the pumps they have to be wireless enabled. This means when they power up the W in the top right of the driver should light up if not you need to purchase the wireless module which is an easy install
    profilux 3x wireless enabled 3 ecotech pumps and wireless adapter
    3 Simuspots 2 levl sensors ( min /max)
    4 channel dossing pump 2 PAB 6 outlets
    Temp PH and redox sensors 2 mitras 6100HV
    touch Condutivity sensor wireles card

Quote Originally Posted by AndreO View Post
    that is so you add more Pab devises. I have 5 vortech pumps running on my controller just follow the instructions to the T. Think off it that the controller tells the pumps what to do. But I cannot say how important it is that you follow the manual ..
    i understand the controller wirelessly tells the pumps what to do just wasn't sure what was the point in the profilux vortech's controller's second pab port. why would someone want to hook the second port into another profilux controller?