Thread: Can't find any GHL devices in the network!

Default Can't find any GHL devices in the network!

I wanted to check something on my profilux system today, so I brought up GCC and told it to connect. I got the errors "Can't find any GHL devices in the network!". I checked around, and found that the network cable plugged into the switch before the WAP had become loose. I plugged it back in, and tried to connect again, with the same result.

I've tried about everything I can think of (including rebooting the Profilux and the computer running GCC). It definitely is on the network (I can ping it, I can hit the webserver on the profilux, and get info from myghl). I've tried recreating the connection in device administration, and I've tried hard-coding the IP address (it immediately says it can't connect). The default port listed is 10001, I assume this is correct, and the device number is set to 1 (I've never changed it).

Any ideas?

Open the connections, and increasing the timeout to 20000 ms

regards pit

The timeout is already set to 20000 (it's the default). I tried bumping it to 40000ms, but no change. It errors out when searching in the same amount of time, and if I hardcode the IP address, it still immediately errors.

Do you have the appropriate firmware for Control Center?

The firmware on the profilux is 6.22. I've been using GCC 1.0.7.7, though this morning I did uninstall it and install 1.0.7.9 (same results). This was also working just a few days ago, the only thing that happened was the network cable got unplugged from the switch and plugged back in.

I seem to remember reading that you cannot connect over the network with myghl and GCC at the same time (though I don't use myghl so this is from memory and may be related to the dosers).

I would try disconnecting your network from the internet (remove the cable from the router) then restart the Profilux controller.
    Once it has restarted, see if you can connect to it with GCC.
    Stay up to date with my efforts at Blue Tang Breeding here http://facebook.com/RegalTangBreeding and Mccullochi Clownfish Breeding here https://www.facebook.com/MccullochiClownfishBreeding

Do you have more than one ethernet adapter, which gets asked by GHL Control Center instead of the one, connected to your LAN?
    Changing priority via Interface settings could be a solution.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasF View Post
    Do you have more than one ethernet adapter, which gets asked by GHL Control Center instead of the one, connected to your LAN?
    Changing priority via Interface settings could be a solution.
    Thanks, that did it. I installed VirtualBox yesterday, so apparently GCC was only searching the host-only virtual ethernet adapter it installs.