Thread: Help purchasing a LED Light bar

Default Help purchasing a LED Light bar

Hi,
    I'm looking at replacing my existing lighting with two light bars.
    My external tank measurement is 91cm and I have a wooden hood which sits on the top (& can be lifted off)
    The hood has an opening of 83 cm. I was hoping to use z holders to mount the lights and place the hood on top.(I have about 7cm space in the hood.

Firstly I as looking at the 90 cm light bar with Z holders. I understand the light bar is actually shorter that 90cm? Or is 80cm light bar better?

Secondly I was looking at using a actinic & deep actinic. Can these be mixed and still controlled together ? Eg light intensity & mix of colours?

Many thanks Brett.

Firstly I as looking at the 90 cm light bar with Z holders. I understand the light bar is actually shorter that 90cm? Or is 80cm light bar better?
    The lightbars are slightly shorter than the named lenght, but a 90cm bar will not fit in a 83cm cover, so I am aware you have to use the 80cm types.

Secondly I was looking at using a actinic & deep actinic. Can these be mixed and still controlled together ? Eg light intensity & mix of colours?
    No problem at all. If you do so, you have 8 channels instead of 7.

Thanks for your reply and very helpful advice.

One final question. I've been trying to make up my mind if I have 1 actinic and 1 deep actinic or just 2 deep actinic. My tank is 2 foot deep (live rock is 1 foot deep in the tank & I would like to keep SPS & clams) I'm concerned that the deep actinic may be too blue (?). What would your advice be?
    Kind regards, Brett

If you want to keep the SPS in the deep reef, I would take 2 deep. You can, if it's too blue, hyperviolet reduce slightly. But i think, that's not necessary.
    regards Pit

Thanks for your help.
    Cheers, Brett

Default Sorry One more clarification...

Just checking one last item, I've noticed that the specification for the 80cm LB is 79-90cm. If my tank is 91cm will this still fit with the Z-holders.
    Cheers,
    Brett

will this still fit with the Z-holders
    yes

Pit

Great :-)
    Thanks