Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wireless lan

Since I can see the cards setup interface on its IP address (192.168.0.99) and I have checked that COM1 on the WLAN card is at 9600 baud etc, I can't see how it can be a networking problem. To check that somehow port 10001 is not blocked, I have moved COM1 on the WLAN to port 80 and pointed the Profilux Software at port 80 and still no joy. Ergo, don't think it is a networking problem.

Very mysterious. Has anyone else had problems configuring the card? Should I just go LAN rather than wireless or will this change nothing?

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    USB and WLAN work together without any side-effects or conflicts. Yes it is COM1 on the WLAN-side.
    Summary:
    - you are sure that all settings in ProfiLux and your home network are correct
    - another slot does not work either
    - settings in ProfiLuxControl are correct (BTW: did you try to use "search automatically"?)
    - the Lantronix configuration page can be accessed
    Correct?
    Then the WLAN-card might be defective. Not very likely but not impossible.
    If you think the card is damaged then please contact your retailer.

Have purchased a LAN card and it worked straight away. I think there must be something wrong with WLAN card.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by posts View Post
    Since I can see the cards setup interface on its IP address (192.168.0.99) and I have checked that COM1 on the WLAN card is at 9600 baud etc, I can't see how it can be a networking problem. To check that somehow port 10001 is not blocked, I have moved COM1 on the WLAN to port 80 and pointed the Profilux Software at port 80 and still no joy. Ergo, don't think it is a networking problem.

Very mysterious. Has anyone else had problems configuring the card? Should I just go LAN rather than wireless or will this change nothing?

Simon

Post,

Can you allow me into your router, so that I can look at your router and verify a few things.

if so, enable remote management in your router, put a password and send me your IP address with the password via PM.

To find out what your address is goto: http://whatismyipaddress.com/

It would be helpful in establishing the cause of the problem.

PS After I'm done I will pm you so that you remove the remote management feature and change the password.

Post,

Can you allow me into your router, so that I can look at your router and verify a few things.

if so, enable remote management in your router, put a password and send me your IP address with the password via PM.

PS After I'm done I will pm you so that you remove the remote management feature and change the password.

Unfortunately I have taken the WLAN card out now and replaced it with the LAN card (connected via a wireless gateway). What is it you wanted to look at? I am a pretty technical person and did many tests so I may have checked what you were looking for.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by kidney514 View Post
    Post,

It's ok it's the router itself that I'm curious about......

The wireless mode on your router is set to what?
    Mixed B-N-G or
    Mixed B-G....
    or what was it fixed to when you where trying?

It is an Apple Airport Extreme (in fact several to get coverage throughout my house) running mixed mode B,G and N. Generally had no issues with it for other B/G devices but WIFI is a bit mixed in multi mode environments so could be the problem although seems unlikely since I could reliably connect to the configuration page of the wireless card.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by kidney514 View Post
    It's ok it's the router itself that I'm curious about......

The wireless mode on your router is set to what?
    Mixed B-N-G or
    Mixed B-G....
    or what was it fixed to when you where trying?