Thread: moonlight % ramping

Default moonlight % ramping

Hi. I know how to work the moonlight phase and I really like the feature.

I personally prefer 4.4k neutral white but compared to royal blue the white appears much brighter to our eyes over the blue.

Natural moonlight is around 4.1k as it is just reflected sunlight but even at 1 % it's to bright.

The question is. Can I ramp up % from 0 to say 5 over and hour or does the moonlight phase work off the same % for the whole simulation.

I am aware that there is some algorithm going on which dims and brightens according to real life moon.

I don't like just turning lamps on quickly as after my main photo period I have a period of darkness for an hour.

So, to cut short. Does the moonphase use the same % for that's nights cycle or can I set dimming points ?

Ad described in the manual, the moonlight uses the normal dimming cycle, multiplied by the moon simulation percentage (100%=full moon, 0%=new moon)

Thanks for your quick reply. I have found the info in the manual now regarding dimming

I was asking as I've read so many threads on here and on reef central that people just set their moon run to say 2 % all the way through, nobody talks about dimming.

What I'm trying to establish is will the mitras be able to dim from 0 to say 2 when let's say it is only just a few days into a new moon. So the calculation for percentage will be in decimal points.

Think I read somewhere matthais saying the leds cant work on minimal percentage due to flickering.