Thread: Upgrading firmware - PAB no longer works

Default Upgrading firmware - PAB no longer works

Ive just spent the last 4 hours trying to upgrade from 6.18 to 6.22 for my profilux 3.

Even though ive not had problems upgrading firmware over Cat5 before, Im pretty sure i experienced every error message there is.

Failed using Cat5
    Failed using USB

Both ways the firmware uploads and my PC can still connect to the Profilux.

Eventually i got the System error 8 or something like that which meant i had to use the emergency recovery method with the RS232 cable.
    Luckily i still had a 10 year old PC kicking around and manage to hook that up and upgrade the Profilux to ver 6.22

Now however my PAB is no longer recognized.
    Ive tried manually configuring it through the Profilux menu as well as the software but both ways it sees nothing.

Ive since rolled back to ver 6.18 however the PAB connectivity issue still exists.

All devices have been unplugged from the PAB, many power cycles have occurred, both PAB sockets have been tried but still no sign off life.

The PAB has the green LED flashing where is says power.

Hopefully a there is a quick technical answer that can get me back online asap?
    Last edited by pommie; 28.12.2015 at 11:08.

Replied to your email.

Many thanks for your excellent support Vinny.

I think no matter what in future, i will always perform firmware upgrades using the serial cable.
    I would even suggest you prevent upgrades from taking place via Ethernet given the headaches that i encountered this time.

Cheers