Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot update P3 to latest firmware

Default Cannot update P3 to latest firmware

I am trying to update my P3 firmware to v 6.22.

My computer is win 10
    P3 is firmware version 6.11
    GCC is 1.0.7.7
    The P3 is connected via serial connection

When I try to update the P3 firmware, I get a message "This file is unsuitable for updating this device"

Can anyone help?

I think,you have to use the firmware Update Button on the left side, and not the PAB Firmwareupdate

Thank you PIWAWT, that got me 1 step further.

I now have the P3 display flashing "Einstellungen rueckgesetzt!!!"
    The GCC tells me that the firmware was updated sucessfully.

I had previously backed up the sensor and settings data.
    I transmitted the sensor and settings data to the updated P3 and the P3 is working again.

The update to 6.22 did not go well.
    The P3 no longer recognized the conductivity probe or the PH probe. Only the temperature probe displays on the GCC software.
    I downgraded the P3 to 6.18, but the sensors do not show up there either now. I have only a P3 unit, expansion box, 6D power bar and Profilux Touch connected at this point.

Unplug all PAB Devices and unplug DC, wait 10sec. and restart your PL. Test your Probes

PS: Unplug alle PAB and LAN/WLAN Devices to use the Firmware Update
    Last edited by PIWAWT; 27.12.2015 at 20:51.

Power off for 10 seconds has left me with GCC showing 1 PH sensor, Temperature 1 and Temperature 2.
    PH is reading 10.5
    Temperature 1 probe reading correct temperature
    Temperature 2 probe reading 40 celcius with either older or new replacement probe
    Still no conductivity probe detected.

All PAB devices were disconnected during firmware update

Try to reset the PAB. Do a new connection of the expansion box (and only this) with help of assign PAB device in the system window. When the EXB is assigned - restart the Control Center. If you go to the system window GCC software you should see a PAB sign. Expand this, Mark the Expansion Box. Go to configure device at the right, You will now see the probes of the EXB and if you are going to use all of them - checkmark all and save. Now you should see all probes below the probe
    text to the left. If you have more expansion boxes you have to repeat this with one after the other (only one box connected each time). After this - you connect and assign all of the boxes.

However - every time that you reset the PAB connection or upgrade the firmware - you need to reload the sensor settings from your backup. If you do not have a backup of the sensor settings - please - recalibrate. Because you have upgrade from 6,11 - I think you have to reload the settings also. Please see http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/sh...rmware-history

Sometimes it can happens that the sensor index change then you do a PAB reset or a firmware update - especially if you have more than one EXB. If this happen - you must recalibrate your probes.

Sincerely Lasse
    Last edited by Lasse; 28.12.2015 at 16:18.

Hmm.
    Now GCC won't even let me see the system layout connected via either LAN or SERIAL.
    As soon as I click on the system item, GCC disconnects me from the P3 and I get an error code 41
    I disconnected all the PAB's and get the same message.

Downgrade your GCC to one without my GHL or upgrade firmware to a higher version. I got the same result when I upgrade my GCC to the latest version without upgrading the firmware (I was running 6.18 and 1.0.7.7 - the same combination as you have for the moment). I think that you can downgrade GCC to 1.0.7.4.

However - I do not think that your problems are connected with the firmware 6.22 if you use the latest GCC version of 1.0.7.7 at the download area.
    But -have in mind - my experiences of 6.22 are only from ProfiLux 3.1 T - I have not tested with ProfiLux 3 and 6.22. With ProfiLux 3 ex I run one large installation with firmware 6.2 and GCC 1.0.7.7 without any problems. There are 4 EXB, 5 power bars and 2 Doser 2 connected in the same PAB grid

Sincerely Lasse
    Last edited by Lasse; 29.12.2015 at 11:48.