Well the project is getting a bit closer to being complete.

Of the outstanding tasks, I have most of them now complete

Buttons/Menu Systems
The buttons and the menu now operate without impact on the operation of the radio link. Changing settings still requires a restart and this will interrupt the link, but otherwise, everything operates on a reliable basis.

Documentation
Quite a bit of documentation has been added to the source code, this has helped to clean up the code as well, as there was still some code that was present for previous debugging.
The source code now also has a cabling guide to assist with wiring the modules.
This includes pin outs for Arduino Pro Mini 5V and Arduino Mega boards (my two test platforms).

Outstanding tasks remaining
* Update the Transmit/Receive pair addresses based on the channel selection (currently to use more than one radio link, these addresses need to be changed per pair in the source code). I have forgotten to do this, more code changes ...

* Publish source code, schematics, bill of materials etc

* Route a final PCB, design a case and mount the hardware, I am 1/2 way through doing this, I need to finish routing the PCB, then test fit the components, solder it up and confirm it works (or fix what doesn't). Then design case to suit the final structure. This is proving to be a bit more painful than I had hoped. Getting my little PCB mill to mill double sided boards is proving to be a bit painful. It also doesn't help that Im learning some new milling software at the same time.