Thread: Delete vortech pumps/reassign them

Default Delete vortech pumps/reassign them

I need to delete my vortech pumps from the controller, and reassign them. Simply reassigning isn't working, when I press the set key in the "address pump" stage, it flashes blue-yellow once, then goes to blue-red ("too far away from the master driver and could not communicate properly"). (The controller module is less than 12" away from one of the vortechs that's doing this).

Pressing the "Delete assignments of all VorTech pumps now" button does nothing. The controller shows steady yellow and green LEDs (PAB communications, PAB status), and the blue LED is flashing in a somewhat random pattern.

Any suggestions on how to essentially start over from scratch?

Any suggestions anyone? When I hit "Delete assignments of all VorTech pumps now" button, should the list of my four pumps disappear?

Delete assignments then refresh the screen, pumps should be gone now. May have to reboot the Profilux by cycling the power. HTH.
    Perry
    A screen shot is worth a thousand words...

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras
    Controlling a 150 DSA Peninsula mixed reef.

After delete assignments, then "update view" (which I assume is what you mean by refresh the screen), the pumps are still there. After rebooting, the pumps are still there, the only difference is that each one now has a status of "no response". Oh, and the serial number has changed. Each one used to show the serial number of the vortech controller module, now each one shows "255-001-0001255" as the serial number.

I tried assigning one of the pumps again. After a couple tries, I got it to "take", except that resulted in a fifth pump, unknown firmware, type empty. I could actually control it, though. So I tried deleting assignments again, nothing changed, I could still control that one pump. So I figured what the heck, and tried assigning the rest of the pumps. After hitting the assign key twice, all of a sudden the display refreshed, with the unknown fifth pump gone, but all four of my pumps (still or newly replaced) there.

So everything seems to be back to normal now. I guess the power cycle was what got it all started.

I have the same serial # problem, my thread is here,
    Perry
    A screen shot is worth a thousand words...

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras
    Controlling a 150 DSA Peninsula mixed reef.