Thread: Problem with Profilux dosing pump amounts (NOT standalone doser)

Default Problem with Profilux dosing pump amounts (NOT standalone doser)

For years my Profilux controlled its dosing pump perfectly. I dose Randy's Recipe, in amounts above 200ml per day.

In a FW update somewhere recently (perhaps 6.18?), a problem crept in with dosing amounts. Using Auto Dosing in the Timer functionality, I enter 10 doses per day of 30 ml each.

When I save it it seems OK, but when I look later it has mysteriously changed to 10 doses of 3mL (yes, three not thirty).

This seems to happen for any doses over 10ml. Entering 31ml results in 3 ml also.

I have been able to workaround this by using the P3 itself. On the unit itself, if I enter 30ml in the timer function it saves it OK. Only through GHL CC (and previously through Profilux CC, same problem) does it save the dose incorrectly.

This was disastrous the first time it happened because I didn't realise - so the tank got 3ml instead of 30ml for a week or so until I realised.

Now running FW6.20 (updated today) and the problem remains.

Any suggestions, please?

Are you running the Gen 1 doser or Doser 2 Slave?

Please post screenshots of your doser settings in GCC.

I got exactly the same problem after upgrade...terrible.... ALK drop to 6 ppm....i was going crazy trying figure out WTF..and now dosing is the problem..But here is the thing.. in new CC i see 1.8ml ( should be 18ml) in old CC i see 18 ml..
    will try to post screen shots

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449889511.492504.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449889525.884275.jpg

First pic with CC 10.7.7 and second with older CC 6.06.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mshur; 12.12.2015 at 04:10.

We'll look into this asap.

On the meantime, you can use the "Dosing Pump" settings. All your doser settings save normally there.
    Last edited by Vinny; 14.12.2015 at 17:37.

Hi

if you use the newest GCC then also please use the newest ProfiLux firmware

especially if you use the outdated dosing functions in the timer - if GCC and ProfiLux don't have the newest version there are incompatibilities

the new specialized dosing functions are not affected from this, there are no compatibility issues when GCC and ProfiLux firmware dont match

so:
    if you use a new GCC then please also update ProfiLux
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.