Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Upgraded FW (6.2), Having Issues Calibrating pH Probes

Quote Originally Posted by king View Post
    same problem here i tied to calibrate my conductivity salinity and ph and am getting 10.5 on the ghl controller

and in my expansion box am getting 0 for the mms and ph stuck at 10.5

i thought my probes were the problem but obviously not

any help please
    thanks
    Do we still have no answer, guidance for this. Do we downgrade to previous firmware that was working are you releasing a fix for this? Are you just going to ignore us till you find a fix?

as explained earlier absolutely nothing had been changed in regards to sensors or calibration of them in the last firmware versions

so far we were not able to reproduce this misbehaviour in our test controllers

but we examine again and come back to this ASAP

this is a very interesting point:
    Do we downgrade to previous firmware that was working
    if you could do so and report if the problem disappears (or not) this would help us very much in identifying the issue
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

We tested the whole calibration process of the sensors on a ProfiLux3 with firmware 6.19 and after upgrading the firmware to the latest version. It works, as it should.

Normally, the calibration process should not exceed five minutes (even with a tolerance level of one; you could use a higher tolerance and see, if it helps). There is most likely a sensor probe failure in your installation.
    Double check the probes and the attached wires.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Any update on this?
    A friend got hes Profilux 3,1N, and i was asked to help him with the setup, i firstly upgraded the P3, powerbar 5,1, and hes touch, to the latest firmware (P3 direcly from 6,12 to 6,22). After initial setup of powerbars, touch, and temp and ph probe, etc. We startede to calibrate the brand new ph probe. After calibration, the ph was 3,0 as seen in the profilux control sw, but *** in the display of P3, and an alarm is showing up on ph1, even when the alarm is disabled on the ph1 sensor. We tried to calibrate several times, but with poor luck. Then we tried a used probe of mine, which i brought with me from home, and the result was the same. After 5 hours i gave up, and went home. I have used Profilux for nearly the first version, and think of myself that im a very expirienced user, and my ownn setup is pretty advanced.
    I havent tried to downgrade from 6,22 to lower ver, but this will be the next option, when i visit my frien within the next couple of days.
    Regarding this matter im am also pretty sure that something is wrong with the 6,22 firmware, or something goes wrong under the upgrade process, especcially when the problem consist when attaching the probe of my own, which i know is working 100%

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasF View Post
    We tested the whole calibration process of the sensors on a ProfiLux3 with firmware 6.19 and after upgrading the firmware to the latest version. It works, as it should.

Normally, the calibration process should not exceed five minutes (even with a tolerance level of one; you could use a higher tolerance and see, if it helps). There is most likely a sensor probe failure in your installation.
    To be honest the only option I have is to downgrade the firmware right now. I understand you saying that your test systems do not show this but if you look at the forum I can count four people (with someone as recent as yesterday posting the same issue -> here

Basically what you saying is all 6 of my probes are faulty if not the probes then both my Profilux 3 and my expansion box are faulty even though they worked perfectly before the firmware upgrade. Nothing changed accept the firmware upgrade.

Never the less, I will downgrade the software and test it - I would however strongly suggest that further deeper investigations take place having four people with the same issue (exactly the same) after the same change (firmware upgrade to 6.2) and those systems worked before does not really point to faulty systems.

Yeah basically GHL is telling us that miraculously after 6.2 all of our systems or probes are faulty. They tested and it has nothing to do with the firmware upgrade.........

A question – are you using expansion boxes?

I have run into this type of problems and they are for me caused by the fact that the sensor index suddenly changes then I add or calibrate a new expansion box.

But this type of problems I have before the 6.20 upgrade.

You can find the sensor index here.

Screen Shot 12-07-15 at 04.45 PM.PNG

Now I use the 6.22 firmware and in the coming two weeks I will upgrade my system with two more expansion boxes and I will have totally 10 pH probes and 6 redox probes (5 expansion boxes) added to the system.

I´ll report if there will be trouble with this expansion of my network. I´m sure - there is some problem with the PAB system and sensor index but to solve this we all have to help the GHL team with our own investigations .

I solved my problems through reset the PAB system - install all things again and then recalibrate when the whole network was mounted. But there was funny change of the sensor index when I installed the last expansion box. The order is EXB 1, EXB 2, EXB 3. I started with EXB 1 and it get the lowest sensor index (after the computers settings and two exp cards (It start with index 9) After adding EXB 2 it looks fine. EXB 1 ended with sensor index 13 and EXB 2 has its index between 14 and 17. After adding EXB 3 – the normal way would be that the index continue from 18 to 21.

But instead it took the sensor index 9-12, EXB 1 got 13-17 and EXB 3 19-21. The whole system is built on index, calibration also. This means that index 9 calibration no longer was valid for EXB 1 first pH probe and I got pH probes calibrated as temperature probes – it was a mess.

Another thing which can be a problem is the electrical potential between different tanks (or tank and a lime reactor) This problem shows up every time you have electrical isolated measure points. Grounding of aquariums and reactors should solve this problem

There is also other strange things - reported in this thread. http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/sh...167-PH-trubble. I solve that problem through not use ILL Channel 1 !

Sincerely Lasse
    Last edited by Lasse; 07.12.2015 at 17:20.

Lasse - Finally someone that follows the logic ...

Yes I am using ONE Expansion box. I noticed my indexes are a bit screwed simply because my very first PH probe is on index 1 the new slot (card I bought and added) inherited index 0....
    The Expansion box I bought second hand and did not "reset it" so don't know if it inherited the old systems indexes as well?

How do I hard reset to test your theory (hard reset everything ex box normal profilux etc)

I wish GHL would actually watch and listen to these posts....

Just as a fact I know that all 6 or so of my senors did not over night become faulty as suggested by:
    There is most likely a sensor probe failure in your installation.

This issue went in the 2nd level support now.

I've checked the calibration at firmware V6.21 and the actual V6.22 and the result is: there isn't a problem with the calibration.

But Lasse gave an important hint. I'll check this.

Background:
    If the ressources are changed, the PAB devices need to be reassigned again ... and the saved sensor param file would not match anymore, so the sensor settings need to be made from scratch.
    This is also the case, if you add a new card (sensor card for example) in the ExpansionBox or any change on the ExpansionBox sensor settings (Onborad-Sensor enable/disable, Cond F<->S, pH <-> Redox).

You could try this to solve the calibration problem:
    Save all your settings (ProfiLux & sensors)
    Remove all PAB devices with "PAB reset".
    Assign all your PAB devices.
    Reload the ProfiLux settings (not the sensor settings)
    Unfortunately all sensor settings need to be made from scratch again.
    Double check the other settings of your system (especially the controlling functions)

I've checked the PAB ressources in the ProfiLux firmware and there were no changes.
    So the ProfiLux firmware update has nothing to do with this problem, neither the sensor calibration.

So, I think following was the reason:
    If the ressources are changed, the PAB devices need to be reassigned again ... and the saved sensor param file would not match anymore, so the sensor settings need to be made from scratch.
    This is also the case, if you add a new card (sensor card for example) in the ExpansionBox or any change on the ExpansionBox sensor settings (Onborad-Sensor enable/disable, Cond F<->S, pH <-> Redox).