Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Upgraded FW (6.2), Having Issues Calibrating pH Probes

Im trying to backup (Transmit all settings from Profilux to file) and I get " Cannot open parameter definition file" ParaList_V620_Profilux3.def

Any ideas

I will try and reset the PAB Reset and start from scratch, do I need to do a factory reset of the Profilux 3 main unit as well?

Download the latest Control Center from the downloading section. They change the version last Saturday in order to fix that type of issues. You must download it again - it’s not the same as the one that was up before Saturday!

Disconnect all PAB connections – reset the PAB. Disconnect your Expansion box from the grid and wait 30 seconds – reconnect again (Norwegian reset ).

Connect all PAB things and assign them to your system. Try to identify which probe has which index. Its not sure that pH 1 is the computers probe. I think that best way to identify the index is the temperature probes and use cold water to one of them in order to identify.

I do not think that you have to use default settings but if it not works any other way – test it Especially if your ADC values looks like it does in your screen shoots

When you have identified the first pH probe – calibrate it. I personally always use pH 7 as first calibration point and 4 or 9 (10) as second. In order to do that I have to change first calibration point (4 as default) to seven and the second calibration point from default 7 to 4 or 9 (10). When I have done this I press ok and put the electrode in pH 7 solution. Look at the ADC value in the computer window – it should slowly change to a value around 500. Because I always use 9 or 10 as a second calibration point – I put the probe in that solution when the computer says so and now should the ADC change down to around 300. If it not does that something its wrong. The first thing is to check that you have the right calibration solutions,

After this calibrate your other probes

Hopefully this will help you

Sincerely Lasse

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I've checked the PAB ressources in the ProfiLux firmware and there were no changes.
    So the ProfiLux firmware update has nothing to do with this problem, neither the sensor calibration.

So, I think following was the reason:
    If the ressources are changed, the PAB devices need to be reassigned again ... and the saved sensor param file would not match anymore, so the sensor settings need to be made from scratch.
    This is also the case, if you add a new card (sensor card for example) in the ExpansionBox or any change on the ExpansionBox sensor settings (Onborad-Sensor enable/disable, Cond F<->S, pH <-> Redox).
    Hint - I do not know this is important but my latest problems start when I ad a new EXB. With earlier firmware (before 6.14) -I have use 8 pH probes in two exb. In this case it was also funny with the indexes when I ad 8 virtuelle probes - they change everythings according to index and I had to recalibrate 8 electrodes again. In my opion - the way PAB handling indexes .... Is it not possible to make the index handling to be manual so you can change them by yourself?

Sincerely Lasse

Quote Originally Posted by Lasse View Post
    Hint - I do not know this is important but my latest problems start when I ad a new EXB. With earlier firmware (before 6.14) -I have use 8 pH probes in two exb. In this case it was also funny with the indexes when I ad 8 virtuelle probes - they change everythings according to index and I had to recalibrate 8 electrodes again. In my opion - the way PAB handling indexes .... Is it not possible to make the index handling to be manual so you can change them by yourself?

Sincerely Lasse
    Does a full factory restore not fix all the indexes on the sensors?

I am thinking of doing full factory reset and starting from scratch with my install?

Yes, if you add a new ExpansionBox the ressource indexes could change. Then you have to set up the system from scratch.
    No, you can't change the ressource index manually.

No, a factory reset is not enough, if you change things at the PAB
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

@ Frank A question about calibration.

Default for profilux is that pH 4 is the first calibration point and pH 7 the second. I am learned (since ages ago) to always start with pH 7 (the theoretical 0 mV) and after that confirm the slope with pH 4 or pH 9. Is there a reason why profilux by deafault have pH 7 as the second calibration point?

Sincerely Lasse

Norwegian reset... Haha... ;-)
    On / off button we call "svenskeknappen"