Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Vortech controller not working

Updated to 6.24 - no changes!!!
    How long should it take to fix such a nasty bug?!

Firmware 6.27 and still doesn't work. But we got seasonal lighting?? More fluff like thunderstorms and lightning, please fix the vortech module!
    Perry
    A screen shot is worth a thousand words...

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras
    Controlling a 150 DSA Peninsula mixed reef.

Have you tried this?

Update all firmwares
    GCC
    ProfiLux
    Vortech Controller
    RFM Firmware

-Then remove all the pumps and reassign them.

I've unassigned and reassigned the pumps too many times to count, current firmware:
    GCC V1.0.8.4
    Profilux 6.27
    Vortech Controller 1.04
    RFM 1.02
    Controller Interface 1.14

I don't see the firmware for the controller interface or the RF module in the firmware folder or the download area on this site.

Thanks for the reply.
    Perry

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras

More fluff like thunderstorms and lightning, please fix the vortech module!
    I wonder what the one thing has to do with the other. It is fine when you believe it is fluff and you don't like or need some of our new functions, but please stay objective. There are enough other customers who have been anxious to get these features.
    Implementing these features doesn't mean that we don't work on other things at the same time.

Coming back to the original topic
    To make it very clear. GHL is not responsible in ANY way for the issues which may have occured with the Ecotech QD pumps.
    We just use the RFM modules which are purchased from Ecotech, integrate them in our PAB system, we send commands to this module (which comes from Ecotech), this module is supposed to connect correctly to the other Ecotech products.

We have been in discussion with Ecotech a few months ago when the first issues with QD occured, as a result we got from them a new firmware for their RFM-module which we included in the recent GCC versions (Interface 1.14 and RFM 1.02).
    They said that the QD drives should work usually with the RFM, if there were problems then this update should cure them.

GHL has no chance to do more here. When we designed the electronic device around the Ecotech RFM module according to the Ecotech specifications (when we made our Vortech-Controller) the QD drives were even not existing and they worked with all pumps which had been existing at that time. It is in the responsibility of Ecotech to keep new products compatible with existing interfaces and hardware - GHL has no influence at all here.
    Of course, when they give us updated firmware we will integrate it in our GCC immediately.

This means:
    Please contact Ecotech directly with your problem. Maybe there is something wrong with the QD driver respective the firmware in it and they can solve it. We did everything we can on our end.
    I know for sure that we have many customers using the QD with our Vortech-Controller without issues - so the problem must be on the other end.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

First, my apologies to anyone that was offended by my comment, it wasn't intended to offend anyone. It was made out of frustration.

The correlation between the seasonal lighting and the GHL Vortech controller is that they're both GHL products. You've been so busy it's taken 5 months to get an explanation that probably took less than 5 minutes to type. I get it, the lighting project, myGHL and I'm sure things the public doesn't need to know take time. I hope you continue to be thorough and produce products that, as I've come to expect, simply work. Of course, this adds to my frustration for obvious reasons.

As stated on Nov 8, 2015 in this thread I did contact Ecotech. Notice, that is two days after my initial post. They informed me that my firmware is current, so they said the problem is on GHL's end. Vinny, posted on Dec 10, 2015 that GHL were working on an update for QD functions, but the latest firmware is the same that I loaded 5 months ago. Now you tell me it's on Ecotech's end. Starting to see why I'm **********?

Perhaps a screenshot of what I should see under the overview tab, I asked about what driver I should see on Nov 9, 2015. That would show me the Vortech firmware that is working and help me greatly. Perhaps I need to repair/ replace the module. A simple screen shot, think about that.

Perhaps my sarcastic sense of humor doesn't translate to the written word very well, or rather I have the inability to write that well. But think about this, the thread clearly shows the chain of events where I have installed and reinstalled firmware along with versions. It's only 4 pages long. Now, read Vinny's last post. I can't be the only person that finds that funny. Even Vinny should find that amusing after re-reading the thread.

That's not a knock against Vinny, I've seen great improvement in support since he joined. He simply didn't re-read the thread.

You post because my comment was deemed offensive, that tells me that you and the mods read this thread, rather my comment. I say that because let's be objective here, a simple screen shot 5 months ago...
    Perry

i have just added an mp 10 qd and upgraded my other three to QD vortech controller says I have 4 mp40 wwds and no serial numbers or firmware info. is there a fix for this yet controller has firmware 1.03 any help would be great
    profilux 3x wireless enabled 3 ecotech pumps and wireless adapter
    3 Simuspots 2 levl sensors ( min /max)
    4 channel dossing pump 2 PAB 6 outlets
    Temp PH and redox sensors 2 mitras 6100HV
    touch Condutivity sensor wireles card

I see there is a new GCC out, I'll install and get a screen shot to see if this was addressed. Don't hold your breath though, out of the "thousands that work" as I was told in pm prompting the above apology I still don't see one screen shot of a working controller.
    Perry

Even with the latest firmware and software. The pumps pair successfully and functions by commands.

I emailed ecotech and they said talk to GHL. emailed GHL they said talk to ecotech. show i talked to ecotech they sent me complete download for pump manual. read the part about leds and color of controll knobs. Relized that the vortex controller is not a master . moved controller so it is a foot away from drivers. assigned pumps address pumps and added to controller controller still says I have 4 mp40wwd pumps. the are doing the TSM. plus I have the stop and go to laggon mode after 3 hrs. they are doing that. but my touch only shows pump 1 and 3 in % is not right. so the controller set my #1 as a master and others as slaves it sends info to #1 and that one tells the others what to do. Andre
    profilux 3x wireless enabled 3 ecotech pumps and wireless adapter
    3 Simuspots 2 levl sensors ( min /max)
    4 channel dossing pump 2 PAB 6 outlets
    Temp PH and redox sensors 2 mitras 6100HV
    touch Condutivity sensor wireles card