Thread: Emails send via 'Test' but not from any conditions

Default Emails send via 'Test' but not from any conditions

Hi,
    I've had my P3EX running great for nearly two years. It sent me an email every day with parameters, as well as separate emails for alarms.
    About a month ago (I think it corresponded with upgrading FW) it stopped sending emails.

Now using FW 6.19 and GHL CC 1.0.7.5.

I've checked it out and I can get it to send an email OK using the 'Test' button (GHL Control Centre\Email Notification (Profilux)). Emails send OK each time I press the button.

However, the P3 will never send one of it's own accord. I've tried timer based, cyclic, every minute, time of day, alarm triggered.... nothing seems to work. Only when I send it manually using 'Test' - then it comes through perfectly - so email setup is OK. But it now won't send me the same email it used to, each day or when an alarm went off.

This is weird and driving me mad.

Can anyone help?

Thanks for reading.

Hi,

We now have FW 6.20.

Please save all your settings and update to the latest firmware.

Hi, My GHL Control Centre says 6.19 is the latest firmware. How do I get it to update to 6.20?

Please download the latest version of GHL control center from our website. The Profilux firmware 6.20 will be in that folder.

Hi Vinny,
    Disaster.... I tried to do that (I've updated FW before) but there was a problem during the flash. The PC gave a message (sorry, I should have written it down) about loss of communication. It stopped talking to the P3 completely. The P3 screen said 'download in progress'. I waited about 15 minutes and nothing changed. I didn't know what to do so I turned off the PC and the P3.

Now the P3 just has a blank screen. Is there a way to to a hard reset back to factory settings or something?

This is terrible. I hate doing FW updates.

Please help!

Hi,

We have a manual for performing emergency updates for situations like this. Please go to our website downloads section and pick Profilux 3 operating manuals. We have a file for Profilux 3 emergency updates.

Follow those instructions and that will get the Profilux running again.

OK, thanks. I will have to go to the shops and buy a RS232 to USB adapter. $30 AUD unfortunately. It's a shame that my P3Ex can't use the USB port to update.

Once I have the adapter do I need to install a USB-232 driver on my laptop? There's no 'Ports' in my Device Manager at all. If so, which driver do I download - the Prolific chipset or FTDI chipset driver, from your website.

This is very confusing for me, thanks for your help.

I managed to add a COM port to my laptop but that doesn't open either. I've always found this USB to serial thing to be really diificult to understand and to get working.

The driver you need for the RS232 to USB adapter will be included with the adapter itself either in the form of a CD or driver from the manufacturer website.

Thanks Vinny. That worked. Up and running again on FW6.20. (I'm now the proud owner of a $30 USB-RS232 cable...)

Thankfully, this has fixed the email problem. Emails seem to work OK now. I do have another problem, I will start a new thread.

I