Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charts on Touch are Blank when there is data to display

Default Charts on Touch are Blank when there is data to display

My Touch, purchased and installed about two weeks ago, has stopped displaying data on its charts.

It was displaying data previously but when checked last night it had stopped.

As can be seen in the following shots, there is data there to display.

20151006_065939_600.jpg20151006_065948_600.jpg20151006_070012_600.jpg20151006_070026_600.jpg

Profilux model is 3.1N. Both Control Centre and the Profilux firmware were updated to the latest versions about 2 months ago. Touch firmware version is shown in pictures to be 1.05.
    Last edited by SteveAtkins; 05.10.2015 at 22:57.

Please unassign the Touch from your PAB Devices, restart the device, and reassign it.

I will try that.

In the mean time I had got it working by deleting all saved readings and changing one of the chart axis settings (so not sure which of those actually made the difference).

It went OK for a couple of days then started to show rubbish readings (both value and date/time).

I am now using a longer USB cable between the PAB-Businterface and the Touch but both of these problems (no display and corrupted display) also occurred with the supplied USD cable so I don't think that is causing the problem.

The temperature and pH readings in the Profilux are fine so the reading issue is confined to the Touch.

Steve
    Last edited by SteveAtkins; 08.10.2015 at 01:24.

Not sure that un-assigning the Touch was a complete success. I was able to un-assign it by unchecking the box and powering down the Touch. Navigating away and returning to the assignment screen would show the Touch to be gone however, after I turned the Touch back on, it would always auto re-assign and I would not have to check the box.

Also, even after un-assigning as described above it I could still see the Touch in the configure PAB devices screen, although selecting it returned me to the main screen. Even powering down both the Touch and the Profilux itself still produced the same results. This leads me to think that un-assigning does not actually purge any information so that any bad configuration data will simply be picked up again when the device it turned back on.

The charts were looking OK this morning so the jury is still out.

As a side note, even after un-assigning the Touch via the Profilux screens it remained in control center. Even shutting down and restarting control center after the Touch was un-assigned and while it still powered down left the Touch in control center - but navigating to it via the system screen did produce an error. It seems that once you create these device instances in your software there is no way to destruct them. This could do with a bit of tidying up.

Steve
    Last edited by SteveAtkins; 08.10.2015 at 21:52.

If the problem persists, then you can perform a firmware update by going to "System", clicking on the "Touch" device, and clicking on "Firmware-Update". The latest firmware file for the touch device can be found on our website in the downloads section under PAB-device.

Isn't 1.05 the latest version?

Problem has not gone away. It ran OK for couple of days then the charts disappeared. Changed a few settings and saved and it started again. Doesn't seem to matter what settings you change so looks like the act of saving new data might be all that is needed to kick it off again.

The touch is running on version 1.05 which, as far as I can determine, is the latest version of firmware.

Only twice has it started to display corrupt data (chart line going all over the place) but when it does I will take a picture before resetting it.

I guess the charts on the Touch are not very important.

Is there a way to just disable them completely?

Steve

Hi,

Yes 1.05 is the latest version. Have you tried changing the "Measurement Number" to a lower or higher number?

I could be a bug in the firmware. I will let GHL Germany know about the issue and see if there is a remedy for this.

we got similar support case in the past and we are still examining it

latest result is that the display manufacturer maybe changed the flash memory without notifying is which could cause compatibility issues

we are working on a solution, I hope we can fix this with a firmware update

sorry this will take at least 1-2 more weeks
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Some more pictures

Following pictures are from measurement set at 1800 seconds and it had been running for about 2 days since I last reset it. You will notice that the data corruption is expanding the date range to dates beyond what were actually collected. These pictures were taken last night and I did nothing to the unit to reset it at that time.

20151012_183711_601.jpg20151012_183720_601.jpg20151012_183729_601.jpg20151012_183740_601.jpg20151012_183802_601.jpg

But this morning it had gone back to having no data displayed at all, so I switched to 300 seconds, deleted all data and saved. It started again.
    Last edited by SteveAtkins; 12.10.2015 at 21:18.