Thread: 1-10v dimming and power control for light diy

Default 1-10v dimming and power control for light diy

I'm doing a DIY light (plasma) and the control box for the emitter (bulb) does have a 1-10v control wire for dimming. There are also two control wires for lighting the emitter. I want to have full power (on/off) control and dimming control of this light.

Would I be correct in my assumption that I need the Profilux EVG-AP-2F Ballast Control Board to do what I want above? Do the power connections on the end of the board go to one of the sockets on the Powerbar or is it switched directly and independently? If the latter, then this light will save me a Powerbar socket! Once I have the board, how does it get wired? The power supply side of the board is self explanatory. What do I do with the single 1-10v control wire coming from the control box for the light?

Seems like the application is similar to DIY LED control.

What does the other product LEDControl1 do and would it apply to my application above?

the EVG-AP is supplied with permanent power, the relays on this board switch the power to the connected ballst (control box)

Heres the link to the downloadable manual for the EVG-AP2 if that helps:

http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Down...G-AP2_V400.pdf

I am currently setting up my three plasma lights from stray lights to my controller Profilux 3 ex. These plasma lights came with a terminal block but not sure how to connect them. Any help will be very much appreciated. Please see picture of terminal block. Another user was able to connect it to a digital aquatics RK controller by connecting + and - wires to controller. Is there an adapter or other control board for the PROFILUX that i would be able to connect a + and - wires???terminal block plasma.JPG

Hi,
    you are going to need to provide more information than that. I had a look at the stray light website and there isn't very much information on the dimming function:

SeashineTM fixtures can be purchased with multiple
    control options. For commercial aquariums, we offer
    integration options for existing systems as well our own
    custom solution which allows control through mobile
    devices such as your phone!
    • Terminal Block
    • Dimmer Knob (+$20)
    • Terminal Block with On/Off Switch (+$15)
    • Dimmer Knob with On/Off Switch (+$35)
    • Mobile Phone Controls (+$1,200 base)
    • Custom Controls

If you are looking to use the 1-10v dimming control on the profilux then you will need to find out that the Plasma light requires (1-5v, 3-8v,1-10v) and adjust the profilux to suit.
    Last edited by camnbron; 16.09.2010 at 01:43.

Heres the information from the light manufacturer:

You will use the DIM and the connection with the ground symbol on it to hook up to the 1-10V illumination control on the Profilux. DIM will hook to their positive 1-10V dimming line and the ground will hook up to the ground.

SO now the question is what adapter can i use to connect to the 1-10v in the PROFILUX 3ex?

hello
    how you solved it?

I have the same problem ...