Thread: Adding a new computer to a PAB network

Default Adding a new computer to a PAB network

Hi

I´m preparing to extend my existing Profilux PAB network with one more computer. The one I have running for the moment is 3.1 T with serial number 1412111013. I am going to add one more 3.1 T with serial number 1504111002 to this network.

At the same time I will update the firmware.

In order to do it as smoothly as possible (the existing computer runs a small fish farm) I´m planning to update my new computer with latest firmware and load the backup files from my existing computer directly to this new computer. After that I will change my computers and let the new one do the old ones job. The old one I will configure to new tasks and as computer 2 (and network 2) (after updating to latest firmaware) in my existing PAB network.

My question is: Is it possible to do it this way or is it better to upgrade the firmware direct to my existing computer.

If something going wrong during the update – I will have some problems with the management of the fishfarm if I just upgrade my old computer directly). To do it the way I plan will guarantee that I have a working back up (the old computer) until I see that the new setup works and I can reconfigure it to new tasks.

Sincerely Lasse

Hello,

My question is: Is it possible to do it this way or is it better to upgrade the firmware direct to my existing computer.
    This is possible, but it depends on the firmware version. If your old ProfiLux has an old firmware and you transfer the settings to your new ProfiLx with the latest firmware, it may happen that some settings can't be transferred.
    For example your old ProfiLux has firmware version 6.07 and you transfer the settings to the latest version, it may happen that the timer settings are wrong or lost because version 6.08 has big changes in timer section.
    You can transfer the settings without problems, but you should check all settings after that.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thank you for a fast answer (as usally)

My old firmware is 6.14 - are there any known problems with that compared with the latest?

Sincerely Lasse

No problems I am aware off, it should work without problems.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi again

It did nor work very well. I have a PAB network system with 2 pcs PowerBar 6, 4 pcs PowerBar 5:1, 2 pcs PowerHub 6, 1 SMS module and 3 expansion boxes.

Screen Shot 09-07-15 at 05.51 PM 001.PNG

To the old computer – there is an airtemp/humidity card connected – There is another airtemp/humidity card connected to expansionbox 2 (with temp 2, pH 4, pH5 and redox 2). It seems that this later card cause some problems. It looks like the backup data not give the same sensor index to computer 2 as computer 1 have.
    Look at the Pictures

Screen Shot 09-07-15 at 05.51 PM.PNG

192.168.0.44 provbänkarna is the old computer (computer1)

Screen Shot 09-07-15 at 05.50 PM 001.PNG

Seriell nya datorn is the new computer (Computer 2)

When I try to transfer sensor data – I get a message that say that the calibration data can´t be tranfered because its a new computer. I do not use any probe connections (pH and Temp) in the computers – I only use expansionboxes to the probes

When I try to open Conductivity (s) 3 in the new computer – The GHL control Center stop working (version 1.0.7.3)

The old computer firmware 6.14

The New 6.18

Sincerely Lasse

When I try to transfer sensor data – I get a message that say that the calibration data can´t be tranfered because its a new computer. I do not use any probe connections (pH and Temp) in the computers – I only use expansionboxes to the probes
    The problem is that the old computer has a humi/airtemp card connected and the new one doesn't have one. Because of that the sensor index of the new ProfiLux is different from the old computer and you can't use the old old sensordata.
    To use the old sensor data the new computer needs the same sensor index.

When I try to open Conductivity (s) 3 in the new computer – The GHL control Center stop working (version 1.0.7.3)
    Does this happen always or sometimes?

Quote Originally Posted by Artur View Post
    The problem is that the old computer has a humi/airtemp card connected and the new one doesn't have one. Because of that the sensor index of the new ProfiLux is different from the old computer and you can't use the old old sensordata.
    To use the old sensor data the new computer needs the same sensor index.
    Probably your right but I´m not sure because as you can see - in my old computer humi/airtemp card in the computer has the index 7 and 8. This two index is not in use for my new computer. pH2, temp 2, cond2, redox2 and pH3 (all connected to expbox 1) have the same index at both computers. To Expbox 2 are pH4, temp3, cond2, redox 2, a humi/air card and pH5 connected. The Humi/air should have the indexes 18 - 19 but get the indexes 24 and 25 (in the middle of expbox 3:s indexes) and pH 5 get index 18 instead for index 20. And its here things going wrong. From index 18 I get a nonworking Control centre now and then but always when I try to look at conduct 3 in the new computer. I also get wrong calibration data from here and temp 4 does not work.

I´m not dare to update the firmware directly at my old computer (including the first humi/air card) but I´ll try to do a work around.

Sincerely Lasse

I have with some tricks succeeded to have a working copy of my system at the new computer. Still I get wrong indexes from index 18 but I can reach every probe without Control Center shouting down directly – hence I can do new calibrations if I need. Therefore I will try to upgrade the firmware direct to my old computer

Another question: I this case all text I have written in the windows named In GHL Control Center disappear as they do if you use the Control Center from another computer with the program installed. Only the short texts from the window - in profilux - will follow. Is there any way to backup this texts and load it to the software if you do a reinstall of the software?

Sincerely Lasse

Another question: I this case all text I have written in the windows named In GHL Control Center disappear as they do if you use the Control Center from another computer with the program installed. Only the short texts from the window - in profilux - will follow. Is there any way to backup this texts and load it to the software if you do a reinstall of the software?
    Yes this is possible, for every device this descriptions are saved on your computer. You can find it under C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Roaming\GHL Control Center\*GHL device serial number*
    Just copy the files from the folder with the old serial number to the new one.

Thank you for the answer about how to copy texts

And you was right according to the impact of the humi/airtemp card to the sensor index. I did a sharp firmware upgrade of my older profilux and it works well. I was surprised that I did not need to upgrade the settings after the firmware upgrade – only the sensor datas

Sincerely Lasse