Thread: Profilux 3 Ex Level 3 sensor input doesn't work...?

Default Profilux 3 Ex Level 3 sensor input doesn't work...?

I have a Profilux 3Ex. I can't get the third level sensor input to work.

Plugging a float sensor into Level 1 or Level 2 (using a splitter) works fine - so I know the sensor itself works - and I use these two sensors already.

If I then plug the same sensor into the Level 3 input, it doesn't work.

The PC Software says it is a P3Ex, and reports 3 Level inputs.

If I change the sensor to 'inverted' in the software, it does change state (ie the X goes away) and vice versa.

But it doesn't respond to the sensor being plugged in. I've never used that input before so I don't know if it worked when it was new.

Running firmware 6.06.

I can't think of any solution, can anyone offer advice or anything to try? My next step I guess will be to take it apart and check for damage around the plug.

Thanks to anyone for advice.

Hello,

unfortunately the float sensor only works with level input 1 and 2 but not with the level input 3.
    The only way to solve this, is to use your level sensor with input 3 and the float sensor with input 1/2 or you extend your ProfiLux with a card.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi Artur,
    Thanks for your reply.

You are correct, of course - I connected the float sensor to Level 3 and it works fine.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Artur and Raven900
    If I understand (my english is very very poor and catastrophic) the float sensor doesn't work in input 3… but will it work in a input 4, using splitter cable (PL-LY)?
    Thanks
    Josep

Yes that is correct.