Thread: ATO Stopped Working

Default ATO Stopped Working

It just stopped working so I've been going through the settings in Control Center trying to figure it out.
    Running firmware 6.08 and GHL CC from 7/14. None of this has changed in a year. Been waiting for the cloud software.
    I'm using an optical level sensor plugged into the level port above the temp port on my 3ex.

So if i pull up the Level tab in CC, i choose control circuit 1, set the operational mode to Auto Top Off, check the box Always Active, Sensor 1, and set my max on-time.
    Then I got to the socket i have the pump plugged into and set that to Fill Water (ATO only) and next to that is a drop down menu and I left that at "1". Invert is unchecked and blackout delay is zero.

I tried using a float level sensor and it's not working either. For some reason the socket is not being activated. There is nothing wrong with the socket. It will activate if I set it to Always On.

If I use the screen on the Profilux box and go to Level Sensor and Diagnostic is says "12"

Any idea why it's not working?
    Last edited by d2mini; 31.08.2015 at 02:41.
    -dennis

Hi Dennis,

Have you tried using another level port?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Hi Dennis,

Have you tried using another level port?
    I plugged it into Level 3&4 port and set control circuit 3 to auto top off and it's still not working.
    I feel like I'm missing something.
    And why is the default setting under "Used Sensors for This Control - Sensor 1" set to 11? I set it to 1.

In the socket setting, next to Fill Water (ATO Only) there is a pull down menu and it's set to 1. No idea what this is for.
    -dennis

I updated both the firmware and Control Center to the latest versions. Still not working.
    -dennis

Well, something must be busted in the optical level sensor.
    I cleaned the mechanical float sensor real good and tried that and it works fine now.
    But no matter what I do, the optical sensor won't work any longer.
    -dennis

At one time I thought my optical sensor had died as well. It turned out to be dirty, although I could not see it by looking.

I believe it was related to the nitrate/phosphate reactor I had installed a few weeks earlier causing a bacterial build up on the sensor. I moved it to part of my sump that has a lot more flow and increased the ATO response delay to about 1 minute to allow for the rougher water there and have had no problems since. I also had to make sure it was far enough away from the source of turbulence to not attract bubbles landing on it.

Steve