Thread: Flow sensor connection

Default Flow sensor connection

Hi,

I have a flow sensor for my Profilux3 and was hoping to find some videos or at least some photos / diagrams of how to connect it to my existing plumping.

I have read through the instructions from GHL but its a one page doc without any diagrams.

My plumping is using soft piping.
    I also have a media reactor off my return pump.

Does anyone have any photos, youtube videos or step by step instructions on what fittings they needed to purchase and how they fitted from this device to their return pump, plumping etc?
    Where should i place this sensor?
    It has some threads on it but my plumping is connected to my return pump with cable ties, so what do i need?

Thanks

Depending on where you are located, you may find the appropriate metric fittings at a plumbing store. You will need metric sized fittings and an adapter to convert to a barbed fitting. The barbed fitting will then fit with your soft piping.

Placement of the flow sensor is up to you.

Hi Vinny,

Thanks for your reply, im not concerned about obtaining the fittings, i would should like to see some diagrams of what fittings, placement of the switch, instructions on how to couple everything together and ideally a video.
    This is all very new to me and i don't have the slightest idea where to start?

Regarding placement of sensor, I read somewhere that the sensor cant be placed underwater (connected directly to by return pump), are you saying this is not true and i can place it there?

Thanks

Hopefully other users can chime in and share how they've setup their sensors.

The sensor should not be submerged or placed in an area susceptible to splashes.

Hi Vinny, I'm not after anything unique just some simple setup instructions, will anybody from GHL be able to provide me with something? The instructions you currently provide just show a picture of the device.

So no further support from GHL? Is there any poosibilty you can take a photo of how you have one connect to your system and share with me? Right now I just have an expensive paper weight as I have no idea how to connect this up and your instructions don't show me.

The problem is that we don't understand what you want to know.

The sensor needs to be installed in-line of your return-pump flow. I hope this was the question.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I think my numerous questions above are reasonably clear but i will re-iterate.

1. The instructions i have show only a diagram of the flow sensor and not how to connect it to the tanks plumping , location , types of fitting used etc.
    2. I have no idea how to connect this flow sensor to my return pump / plumping etc (this is my first tank and im very new to this)
    3. The flow sensor has threads at either ends, i have no idea what they are for as my plumping is held together with cable ties.
    4. The only thing i do know is that the sensor cant be placed anywhere and must be placed out of the water.

I have simply asked for some photos or diagrams anybody's current setup so i can get an idea of how i need to plump this device to my existing tubing and where to position it.

If you can help with a photo that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks