Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mitras 6100hv light run

Default mitras 6100hv light run

Hi. Could anyone mail me their light run for a 6100hv please.

I have a mixed reef and am not the greatest at playing with the light composer and getting the results I want

Thanks in advance

Thanks. I seen these in a previous thread. Only 1 is for the 6100. Was wondereng if there was anything else out there

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    Thanks. I seen these in a previous thread. Only 1 is for the 6100. Was wondereng if there was anything else out there
    Ask on reef central's mitras owners thread.

Hi. These are screen shorts of my light channels.

Can someone tell me if I have to much, or not enough light, or wrong spectrum, or to long photoperiod.

I've been battling brown sand for about 5 months and can't seem to shift it. I'm putting it down to lighting now.
    IMAG0283.jpg
    IMAG0284.jpg
    IMAG0285.jpg
    IMAG0286.jpg

In order are 1 - blue, 2 - royal blue, 3 - cool white, 9 - hv. Don't use other channels apart from but of yellow and green.

Run at high output. 100%

Those individual channel settings look good to me. One of the better indicators for too much or too little light is to closely watch how your corals are reacting to the change. I would recommend lowing your overall intensity down to 60% and observe any changes for a week or two.

if you have issues with algae or diatoms reduce your light length to max 8 hours from start to finish and reduce output to max 70% and reduce or set RED and GREEN channels to 0.
    also not to shock corrals start with a light/water surface distance of 35-40 cm and monitor how things progress and fine tune amongst time

Thanks for your replies.

The reason that I think light is fuelling my algae issue is that I have a 25ltr boyu that I use as qt. It has way higher po4 and no3 than my dt but the same sand stays white. No algae issue

The boyu is lit by an 11w PL blue/white flourescent. Same photo length as dt

I run triton method and my ICP water tests are good.

I don't use any red, just a bit of green. I will start adjusting as you recommend.

My lights are 220 at the moment. I have 2x6100hv over a 4x2x2.

Would light still penetrate ok at 350mm high with reduced % on output.

250-300mm high is recommended. You can continued running on High Output mode, but lower the total output percentage.

Where does it state recommended height is 250-300 ?

All I've ever read is the minimum height of 200.

Are there any guidelines for setting the lights up. Surely GHL must have done extensive testing on tanks

Without a par meter I've got no idea if I got them set up right.

I lost a lot heads on my Duncan and some heads on some acans over the last few months. Could they be getting burnt ?