Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Level sensor problems

you write "My issue is that sensor is alarming when there is no fluid in the collection cup."

We have no detailled knowledge about your setup, hard to help then.

How is this sensor used? In which mode? What are the settings of this sensor and of the attached level control? Screenshots please

Either the settings are wrong (e.g. time limit too low) or the sensor and/or the cable are defective
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Set up
    Latest FW and SW.
    I am attaching screen shots of sensor in question so you can verify settings are appropriate.
    As far as sensor cable being defective this is a brand new 3 month old cable and sensor. This is the second sensor that does the same thing in the past 6 months. Both brand new sensors with the same settings.

Always at Sea

Sensor is set up in the collection cup of my skimmer. Reason behind this set up is that is so if the level sensor is triggered skimmer will turn off.

Always at Sea

Just my tuppence Doc, have you tried increasing the reaction time to say 5-10 seconds?

Thanks GazzMan.
    I actually did that last night. Increased the reaction time to 5s and still thisA.M. I had 10 emails from P3 showing Level 4 alarm. Do you think that increasing to 10s might make a diff?

Always at Sea

Increasing reaction time to 10 seconds or more may do the trick. Please try this and let us know how it worked out.

Thanks Vinny. Will try increasing to that number to see if it works.

Always at Sea

I had to do this on my ATO to stop the false fills, personally I can't see any movement in there but it's worked for that last 4 years like a dream.

I know this will sound silly but it could be the vibration from the skimmer, and where you have it set to 1 second, it's going to react instantly, for the sake of the exercise, make it 30 seconds and see if you still get the false alarms.
    Last edited by GazzMan; 17.07.2015 at 17:19.

I will buy that. Definitely vibration from skimmer could be an option. Will try it at 10 seconds and report back.

Always at Sea

Increased it to 15 seconds maybe 45 minutes ago. Just now got a level alarm😔
    Going to increase to 30 seconds and hopefully it will work!

Always at Sea