Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Level sensor problems

Default Level sensor problems

I have a three month old level float sensor that's getting triggered as often as 40 times per day. I have tried everything and problem still persists.

This is the second sensor I buy for this application. Sensor is inside my skimmer collection cup to measure skimmate level. My issue is that sensor is alarming when there is no fluid in the collection cup.
    I have changed sensor numbers in GHL control center, input connection in the back of P3 and still alarms.
    Any ideas?
    One thing I have done is that in order to get the level into the collection cup I spliced the cable and reattached it again using soldering. Wondering if there is a fault inside the cable!

Thanks in advance.

Running latest control center and latest FW.

Always at Sea

Hi
    Take care of another magnet near by, the holder to the floatsensor have a magnet that can have influance on the floater levelsensor. if the magnet is to close to the sensor.

Hilsen Anders

No magnets around...thanks for your response. Wondering if this has to do with connection to back of P3?

Always at Sea

If nothing was changed in the programming before the issue started happening and it is now triggering that often with no reason to do so then I would suspect a short in the wire, perhaps at the soldered location. Have you cleaned the float sensor lately?

Sensor is clean. I re inspected the soldering and it looks perfect.
    Drawing a blank here since the same thing hap with the sensor I replaced. They work for like 2-3 months then they start having the same issues.
    Thanks for any help

Always at Sea

Anyone? Cable is well soldered...no issues there. No magnets anywhere in the vicinity of the cable. Also sensor is clean...
    Please advise!

Always at Sea

I've never had any luck with float switches, however you should be able to hook up an ohm meter and see if continuity breaks when you work the switch to rule that out. I went this way to achieve what you want, but I had the room under my cabinet. Can't beat the pressure switch and they come plug and play for Profilux. This takes an open level port though.
    Perry
    A screen shot is worth a thousand words...

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras
    Controlling a 150 DSA Peninsula mixed reef.

I have seen that before. How does it work with Profilux?

Always at Sea

I used the bare wire since I have a PLM-ADIN. Splice, solder, heatshrink. PL with your skimmer and digital input x for the switch. Slowly set the switch in the sump to test, it should turn off the skimmer simulating a full waste bucket. I have one that plugs right into the level port, I use that for my ATO, and I don't know if that one could turn off the skimmer now that I think about it. The leakage detector plugs in the same way and won't turn anything off, same concept.
    Perry
    A screen shot is worth a thousand words...

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras
    Controlling a 150 DSA Peninsula mixed reef.

Thanks. Won't work in my case. No PLM-ADIN card. Just ********** that I can't get this simple issue solved!

Always at Sea