Thread: Moonlights

Default Moonlights

Can someone PLEASE give me a walk through on how to set up the moonlight simulation on the 6100s, PLEASE

Hi Gazzman,

It's quite simple and I'll assume you're using the PWC in the profilux to control the Mitras.

Firstly, you need to set the Co-ordinates within the General tab in the GCC. I have mine set to the Great Barrier Reef.

Screen Shot 2015-06-26 at 13.11.34.png

Secondly, you need to select Simulation which is located under Illumination -> Simulation on the GCC and set the Moon Start and End time

Screen Shot 2015-06-26 at 13.12.47.png

Thirdly, go to your lighting schedule and select the Channels you want to react to the moon simulation. In my case it's Channel 2 (Royal Blue) and Channel 3 (White 6500k). Check the Depends on moonphase check box.

Screen Shot 2015-06-26 at 13.15.56.png

Forthly (if that's a word), I set up a point in my Lighting Schedule that runs from the Start time (23:00) to the finish time (06:45) I set within the Simulation tab and set channels 2 and 3 to the highest levels I'm happy with for moonlighting. You do this so that the highest level of output is what you'd only see when a full moon is present. The moon light simulation will automatically dim the lights to represent a half moon, new moon etc.

Screen Shot 2015-06-26 at 13.20.34.png

Save and re-transmit to the Mitras and you're done.

Hopefully I've made it clear. I sure there are several other ways to perform these actions, but this is a way I'm happy with and works for me.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by scriptdaddy View Post
    Hi Gazzman,

It's quite simple and I'll assume you're using the PWC in the profilux to control the Mitras.

Firstly, you need to set the Co-ordinates within the General tab in the GCC. I have mine set to the Great Barrier Reef.

Screen Shot 2015-06-26 at 13.11.34.png

Secondly, you need to select Simulation which is located under Illumination -> Simulation on the GCC and set the Moon Start and End time

Screen Shot 2015-06-26 at 13.12.47.png

Thirdly, go to your lighting schedule and select the Channels you want to react to the moon simulation. In my case it's Channel 2 (Royal Blue) and Channel 3 (White 6500k). Check the Depends on moonphase check box.

Screen Shot 2015-06-26 at 13.15.56.png

Forthly (if that's a word), I set up a point in my Lighting Schedule that runs from the Start time (23:00) to the finish time (06:45) I set within the Simulation tab and set channels 2 and 3 to the highest levels I'm happy with for moonlighting. You do this so that the highest level of output is what you'd only see when a full moon is present. The moon light simulation will automatically dim the lights to represent a half moon, new moon etc.

Screen Shot 2015-06-26 at 13.20.34.png

Save and re-transmit to the Mitras and you're done.

Hopefully I've made it clear. I sure there are several other ways to perform these actions, but this is a way I'm happy with and works for me.

Ben
    Awsome Ben thank you, is there any chance you can post the early part of your light run mate, also iv done what you advise and I will update you tomorrow lol

Thanks again mate