Thread: Profilux II plus broke?

Default Profilux II plus broke?

I have Profilux II Plus. While cleaning my aquarium, I temporarily unplugged the STDL4-4-D powerbar from the S1-4 socket and then put it back in. Now my Profilux appears to be dead, the screen lit but blank, and PC won't connect (communications error 28). Could that unplugging-plugging really have fried the entire system!?

Hello,

how do you connect with the ProfiLux?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thanks for the quick reply. My laptop is connected to Profilux by RS232 to USB converter. But I don't think it's a question of just the PC-Profilux connection, because the screen on Profilux control unit is now blank (but lit) and it's been working fine this far. Also, the S1-S4 controlled power bar doesn't function anymore.

Please try to unplug RS232 to USB converter from the ProfiLux and restart the ProfiLux (unplug power cable for few seconds).
    If you don't use our serial cable between the ProfiLux and the converter it can cause problems.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I unplugged the Profilux, but it just starts the same way, with a blank screen. I think the the cable for connecting PC is the one you sell. The Powerbar was plugged in the whole time, and so was Profilux. Is it possible that unplugging the S1-4 socket and replugging it actually broke the control unit? I didn't even think it could cause an energy spike or anything like that...

The Powerbar was plugged in the whole time, and so was Profilux. Is it possible that unplugging the S1-4 socket and replugging it actually broke the control unit?
    No, that is not possible.

I think the the cable for connecting PC is the one you sell
    I don't think we sold RS232 Converter, only RS232 cable.

Did you unpluged the RS232 cable from ProfiLux before you restarted it?
    Please unplug every cable from the ProfiLux and plugin only the power cable.
    If the screen is still blank then I think the ProfiLux is faulty.

I tried unplugging and repluggin everything, several times, and it didn't work... But now, several hours later, I tried it again and the Profilux miraculously sprung back to life! It's all working again, don't know why it was acting up for several hours. Hopefully that's not a sign of it starting to break down. Scared me shitless... Anyway, thank you for your advice and patience