Thread: New Controler System for several aquarium

Default New Controler System for several aquarium

Hi everyone,

I have a reef system made of 4 connected aqurarium, connected to each other; I would like to centralize the monitoring and control of the equipement.

Does anybody knows the list of equipement from GHL I need to buy to suit the system described on the following drawing ?

I want to make sure I order all the necessary equipment (extension box for example...)

Please note that 3 of the flow pumps to be controlled are Turbelle Nanostream pumps that are controllable.

All the equipment on the drawing should be controllable. One Electovalve is missing on the drawing, the one that unable the control of the input of CO2 in the calcium reactor. please consider also this equipement to be controllable. (I already have the electrovalve)

Thank you very much in advance for your help,

Guillaume

Hello,
    one question. Have your aquarium overflows, then it does not need a level sensor. I think, you have to much Level Sensors
    Which lighting you have planned, only by GHL?
    Last edited by PIWAWT; 13.06.2015 at 07:05.

1 Profilux 3.1T eX
    5 Level Sensors (PL-0082) or PL-0627) max 8
    2 PH Probe (PL-0071)
    3 Powerbar 5.1 PAB for your Country
    3 PAB-Cable
    1 PLM-4-Level (PL-0872)
    1 Conductivity Probe (PL-0055)
    1 Redox Probe (PL-0093)

1 Cable ProfiLux Tunze 1 (PL-0087)
    1 Cable RofiLux Tunze 2 (PL-0088)

1 PLM ph/Redox (PL-0808)
    Last edited by PIWAWT; 13.06.2015 at 08:05. Reason: ph/redox

Hello !

Thank you very much for your answer.

I have a good overflow on the main tank (this aquarium is an elos aquarium, I never had any issue with the overflow), but the overflows on the fuges are DIY... Sometimes, the flow is limited, and I have flooding issues (sometimes because of a shell, but sometimes, it is just a question of air stuck in the pipe, that limits the flow of water).

For the lightning system, I am very happy with my system so far... It is an alpheus system that has its own controller.

I will have a look at the list of equipment you suggested and get back to you soon.

thank you again !

Hello PIWAWT

I have been looking at your list.

Are you sure I can connect 3 powerbar 5.1PAB to one Profilux 3.1T ? I could see only 2 slots (S1-S4 / S5-S8) for powerbars.

Yes, thats ok, the Powerbar PAB use the PAB Slot not the S- Slots. But i forgot the y-Adapter (YL2-1) to connect 2 Tunze pumps at one slot

Thank you very much for your answer.

I have another question : is the conductivity probe for freshwater (range between 0 and 2mS/cm) suitable to check R/O water ?

is the conductivity probe for freshwater (range between 0 and 2mS/cm)
    The probe itself (actual ones, platinum version) is usable for fresh- and salt water. It depends on setting of the PL or controller card and the calibration which range is measured.

BTW Range: There is no 2mS/cm range - only calibration 0/1.41mS/cm for fresh water and 0/50mS/cm for salt water. Depending on your R/O water the measured values may fluctuate in the very low range near zero µS/cm

GHL have only one conductivity probe with a platin electrode. this probe is for seawater, freshwater and R/O. For freshwater and R/O water you can use an other cheaper probe with an other electrode material. The setting (range), whether fresh or seawater, one makes in Profilux