Thread: power bars and Y2-1 splitter

Default power bars and Y2-1 splitter

I have Profilux II Plus, and two STDL4-4-D powerbars. Previously I've only been using one of them, but now I got a Y2-1 splitter which I thought would allow me to utilize the other powerbar also. I plugged both powerbars into the S5-8 port via the Y2-1 splitter. However, I couldn't figure out how to control all the sockets separately. Now, S5 controls 1st sockets on both powerbars, S6 controls both 2nd sockets, and so on. How do I change the options so that I don't have "pairs of sockets" but each socket has its own function? Thanks in advance!

I couldn't figure out how to control all the sockets separately.
    The reason is simple: It´s not possible. Y-splitter are not useful for powerbars.

You have to use S1-4 for the first STDL4-4-D and S5-8 for the second one.

Oh, all right, my bad then, must've misunderstood something. I already have a doser attached to the S1-4 port, which leaves me with only S5-8 free. So there's no way to connect two powerbars to Profilux with this setup? Can I utilize the L1-2 sockets or something?

So there's no way to connect two powerbars to Profilux with this setup?
    Two STDL-4-4-D and a doser are only possible if you add a card with S-ports and if you have a free slot. Unfortunately the PLM-2L4S is not available anymore - maybe there is a dealer you can still order it.

Another way is to drop one of the STDLs and use a Powerbar 6D (not PAB!) which can be daisy-chained with the doser in digital mode.

Correction - it´s still available. I have looked in wrong section ...
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/en-...lm-2l4s-detail
    Last edited by Gunther; 25.06.2015 at 06:43.