Thread: Doser 2 Slave not found in PAB

Default Doser 2 Slave not found in PAB

I've just got a Doser 2 Slave but the profilux just won't recognise it.

I've tried:
    - removing all other PAB devices
    - re-using known PAB cable (so cable not an issue)
    - resetting PAB system

Whatever I do it just does not show up in Profilux - Assign PAB.

Please help someone, it's so frustrating!

Thankyou in advance

Details of my versions below:
    Name: ProfiLux 3.1N eX
    Firmwareversion: 6.14
    Device address: 1
    PAB address: 17
    Slot count: 3
    Level inputs: 4
    Sensor 1: pH-value
    Sensor 2: Temperature
    Sensor 3: Conduct.(S)
    Sensor 4: Redox
    Onboard 1-10V outputs: 6
    Onboard socket outputs: 8

PAB devices

Name: Powerbar 6
    Firmwareversion: 1.08
    PAB-address: 19

Name: Powerbar 6
    Firmwareversion: 1.08
    PAB-address: 20

Name: ProfiLux Touch
    Firmwareversion: 1.05
    PAB-address: 18

You need to update your ProfiLux. You will find the latest ProfiLux Firmware in the Firmware folder of the latest GHL Control Center.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thanks for the really quick reply.

Updated to 6.15 but it's exactly the same.

Tried reset and assign PAB again - doesn't find it. (I forgot to say before, the orange and green LEDs on the back of the doser are lit up ok)

You need Firmware version 6.16
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

perfect, works fine now

Thanks for super quick replies

Does the slave unit work with the iPhone app? If I search for unit via the app, the app crashes.

If not it seams the only way to refill container is boot up PC and open GHL control centre.

Hello,

no the slave unit does not work with the IOS app. The only way is to use a computer.

Thank you for your reply

That's really really disappointing and I would not have purchased the slave if I'd had known that.

I can see no reason why this has to be the case. It's wrong that the unit is controlled by the Profilux but I can't use either the profilux or the touch controller (or the iOS app) to control it and have to use a PC!!! So I have to turn on my PC every week just to reset the containers when I top them up. Surely that has to be added in on future firmware updates to the profilux & touch, as well as update to profilux iOS app. It doesn't need to be full setup, but the ability to refill container without need for PC is vital.

Similarly although more complicated there is no technical reason why the doser app could not work. The slave connects to the profilux which has Ethernet. Assuming this is connected to wireless lan there is a way to talk it from an iOS device.

The dedicated iOS app I'm less bothered about and can understand to a limited degree why that doesn't work with the slave but cannot believe you can't do a basic refill container on either the profilux, touch, or profilux app.

I think this is fixed when we have the cloud-service for P3, we are working on it and show the first Beta to the public at Reefapalooza NY end of June.
    The public beta will be released right after the shwo.