Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PH trubble

Hi,

I also have a mesurement problem with my extension card PLM-CondF-pH, installed on my profilux 3.1T.

The cond. probe is not installed.

The pH probe is callibrated with 7 and 9pH solutions.

When I put the probe in my salt aquarium, pH measurement raises and get stuck at 10.5 !

Do you have any idea why ?

The calibrating solutions are new, all the equipement are new.

BTW, I calibrated the internal pH probe for my calcium reactor, and it works fine..

Any idea on how to fix this issue ?

Thanks in advance !

Guillaume

Hello,

are you sure you pluged in the ph probe in the right connector?
    Are you sure you the calibration process was without problems?
    What are the ADC values you get after the calibration?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

If you have put the probe to the right connection and the callibration is ok - test to take some aquarium water out to a small container and test with the probe in the container. no pumps or heathers in the container. If it show a resonable reading in this case - you probably have some electrical potential built up in your aquarium (from internal pumps, wavemakers or glass heathers). Try to ground your aquarium. I have had this problem in one of mine systems and I succeded to work around the problem when I ad a titan heather to the system. In Sweden - this type of heather must be grounded through the electrical grid and for me it served as a ground probe and the problem was solved

Sincerely Lasse

@ Artur. Do anybody has a answer to my problem shown at # 10 in this thread? Still have that problem with the ill channel 1.

Hi Artur and Lasse. Thank you for your answer.

I donnot find anywhere where I can see what probe slot is for pH and what slot is for conductivity on the expansion card. Both seems to be BNC slots.

The extension card i have is the following :

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/en-...ondf-ph-detail

I donnot have the conductivity probe, I did not buy it for now. Does it have an influence If one slot is not used ?

The pH is for a salty water. I used a container filled with water from the aquarium, same problem. I changed the water with fresh water : no change, it still says a pH value of 10.5. So its not a problem of salty water or not grounded aquarium.

The ADC values I get after calibration are the following :12 for ph 7 and 12 for ph 9... I guess this is where the problem comes from... but I really use the two calibrating solutions one for ph 7 and one for ph 9... I donnot get where the problem is...

I donnot find anywhere where I can see what probe slot is for pH and what slot is for conductivity on the expansion card. Both seems to be BNC slots.
    The smaller top is for pH and the bigger one is for cond. You should have a manual for the card with more information.

The extension card i have is the following :

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/en-...ondf-ph-detail
    If you really have this card then this is a problem. This is a CondF-pH and it is for freeshwater.
    This is the right one: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/en-...onds-ph-detail

I donnot have the conductivity probe, I did not buy it for now. Does it have an influence If one slot is not used ?
    Should not have any influence.

The ADC values I get after calibration are the following :12 for ph 7 and 12 for ph 9... I guess this is where the problem comes from... but I really use the two calibrating solutions one for ph 7 and one for ph 9... I donnot get where the problem is...
    This ADC values are wrong and that's why it don't work. Please check if you have the right card for saltwater and use the top connector for the pH probe.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

@Lasse

Sorry but I don't have an answer for your problem.
    Maybe Matthias can tell you more, I will send him an e-mail but you have to wait because he is in the usa and will be back in a week.