Thread: Question about Power Hub connection

Default Question about Power Hub connection

Hi

I´m just now try to have my Power Hubs to work and I´m afraid that I totaly have missunderstand the function of the outgoing connectors. Each relay has two outgoing screw terminals. I thougt that they will give an outgoing current of 230 V when the relay is on - but I can´t get it to work that way. The relay works as it should - every time I switch it - I here a "click" but I will not get any currents between the two connectors. I did some measurements and what I now slowly start to understand is that the relay maybe just close and non-close a conection between the two terminals and that this function not is conected with the 230 V you connect the HUB with. This will also mean that you are able to connect and manage currents from 0 - 230 V through this terminals - independed of the main 230 V to the unit (and each other). However - before I go further and change my wiring I need to be sure that I´m right this time. As an example if I want to regulate (on-off) a 230 V circiut through relay 1. Can I conect the phase to one of the terminals of relay 1 and go further to the goal with the phase from the other terminal of relay 1. The neutral direct to the goal. Further if I want to manage an 24 V DC Equipment with the same HUB with relay 2 - can I connect the plus to one of the terminals - the other terminal to the Equipment and the minus direct to the Equipment?

Example

connection.jpg

Sincerely Lasse
    Last edited by Lasse; 21.05.2015 at 11:10.

I thougt that they will give an outgoing current of 230 V when the relay is on
    A relay is per definition an automated switch, not a power source. So the connectors are in & out of that switch. The contacts are independent and potenial-free.

that the relay maybe just close and non-close a conection between the two terminals and that this function not is conected with the 230 V you connect the HUB with.
    Supply voltage is 90 - 240 V (50 Hz / 60 Hz) and not connected to the relay contacts.

This will also mean that you are able to connect and manage currents from 0 - 230 V through this terminals - independed of the main 230 V to the unit (and each other).
    In general: Yes. Respect the limits of max. 10A @ max. 250V

As an example if I want to regulate (on-off) a 230 V circiut through relay 1.
    Switching on/off: Yes; regulate: No (if you mean tailing/cutting edge regulation)

Can I conect the phase to one of the terminals of relay 1 and go further to the goal with the phase from the other terminal of relay 1. The neutral direct to the goal.
    Yes.

Further if I want to manage an 24 V DC Equipment with the same HUB with relay 2 - can I connect the plus to one of the terminals - the other terminal to the Equipment and the minus direct to the Equipment?
    Yes, in general. The current measurement won´t work for DC power (IMHO)

Thank you for fast answer

Its true that its a automated switch but the relay I used of switch both L and N. I though it was the same here and I thought that you had solved the power suply inside because there was no inlet for a power suply to each relay as I´m used of. But this construction its better because of the possibilities to mix different power sources in the same hub.

Sincerely Lasse