Thread: QA of my ATO & Doser Setup

Default QA of my ATO & Doser Setup

Hi,

Im quite new to Profilux. I have purchased a Profilux 3, Wireless card for Mitras, A Doser 2 Slave 4 Pumps, A Powerbar 5.1 and two optical sensors (using only one now).

I am leaving for vacation this week and im asking your kind advice to Quality Check my Configuration for ATO And Dosing in case i have reasoned wrong when setting up.
    If there are common rookie mistakes on the physical setup please also advice. (first test of my ATO the sump emptied into my barrel as soon as the powerhead stopped due to the siphon created.. )

1: ATO

I use an Optical Sensor inside my Sealed Sump connected to Level 1. Level 1 is programmed for ATO controlled by Timer 1. Level 1 has a max runtime of 45 minutes (auto matic reset error = off). Timer 1 is configured to start everyday at 19:00 and run for 1 hour. Port 5 on my PowerBar 5.1 is controlled by ATO Level 1. A Tiny powerhead is connected to Port5 of the powerbar with a hose from a barrel to the sump. I have watched the system do ATO two times with no issues.

The idea is that ATO triggers every day at 19:00. The Optical Level then has 45 minutes to report "Full / Water". if this doesnt happen i assume there is a leak and Level 1 Sensor will trigger an error that does not reset. This will cause an ATO the next day to fail / not start due to uncleared alarm of Level1.

2: Dosing

I am using 3 ports where each port is connected to a bottle and the other end leads into my sump. I have callibrated each doser with "slow" to 5 ml pr minute.
    I have set dosing to automatic, everyday. I have configured dosing to be 1 dose pr day, every day. Bottle 1: 33,3 ml , Bottle 2: 11 ml , Bottle 3 16,7 ml.

Vacation over. Everything worked as intended with the aquarium

I am so glad my days of manual dosing and water top offs everyday are a thing of the past.