Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PAB COM Alarm

Default PAB COM Alarm

Have a general question for GHL brass. Past couple of days I have been getting random PAB COM alarms. They only last for less than a minute. And they even reset on their own. Not even enough time for SMS unit to recognize and send me an alarm message.
    I triple checked all the PAB cables to be sure hey are secure and so far I can't see any issues with them.
    Any ideas?

Always at Sea

Without any information about the used PAB devices, connection order, firmware versions, settings ... it is difficult to answer.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Gents I have acactly the same issue.... I get a PABCOM error for a few seconds and automatically resets? Did pAB resets and assigned devices and cable swab as replacing all 3 pab cables with new ones, but it still continues?

I'm having the following: 2x powerbar 6 pAB +1x profilux though. I'm running latest pAB firmware 1.08 and 1.05, and profilux 6.14. The connection order 1e powerbar is directly pluged to profilux 1st pAB port and 2nd powerbar is cascaded from 1st powerbar. De profilux though is directly connected to 2nd port in profilux.

What I manage to see its the cascade (2nd powerbar) that trickers the PABCOM alarm as when this device disappears shortly from list PAB devices.

Please see what you can do and determine if this problem is a bug or the issue is in my side.. as I'm traveling within days a early response would be appreciated...
    Last edited by diverdutch; 13.05.2015 at 06:46.

I ended up removing PAB cable by cable and determined it was a PAB cable that was attached to my P3 PAB. So I disconnected it and connected to another empty PAB. So far No PAB alarm....just my .02cents

Always at Sea

I determined the problem for me too... as stated I have 2 powerbars connected on 1st pab port on profilux (2nd powerbar cascaded from the spare pab port on 1st powerbar).
    The moment I connect the 2nd powerbar directly on the 2nd pab port on Profilux the alarm is gone.

However as both pab ports on profilux are now occupied I need to connect the profilux touch through one of the cascading pab ports on one of the two powerbars. The moment I do this the PAB ALARM returns on/off ?
    So I think it has something to do with the pab signal not communicating constant when cascading from a pab device instead of profilux directly?

However by connecting both powerbars directly too pab ports on profilux at least now when an alarm is generated it effects only the profilux tough which is not a critical element in the system, but still I would like to see GHL's input on resolving it...
    Last edited by diverdutch; 13.05.2015 at 06:49.

Quote Originally Posted by diverdutch View Post
    I determined the problem for me too... as stated I have 2 powerbars connected on 1st pab port on profilux (2nd powerbar cascaded from the spare pab port on 1st powerbar).
    The moment I connect the 2nd powerbar directly on the 2nd pab port on Profilux the alarm is gone.

However as both pab ports on profilux are now occupied I need to connect the profilux touch through one of the cascading pab ports on one of the two powerbars. The moment I do this the PAB ALARM returns on/off ?
    So I think it has something to do with the pab signal not communicating constant when cascading from a pab device instead of profilux directly?

However by connecting both powerbars directly too pab ports on profilux at least now when an alarm is generated it effects only the profilux tough which is not a critical element in the system, but still I would like to see GHL's input on resolving it...

Same here!

Always at Sea

Hello,

we tried to reproduce this but we found no problems.
    Is there any pattern when this alarm appears?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I guess a better question is:
    What can make a PabCom alarm to go off? If all PAB cables are connected properly to P3 what are the possible reasons why PABCOM alarm will go off?

Always at Sea

Still having the same issues. I have narrowed it down to my Exp box. Once I unplug power cord from the EXP box and plug back again, alarm goes away and unit goes back to regular status. But this only last tops 24 hours.
    I need to figure this in order to avoid further issues.
    Thank you

Always at Sea

hm, it should be vice versa

ProfiLux monitors if all assigned devices are still alive, when you remove (unplug) the EXB ProfiLux would detect a timeout and this would give a PAB error

question: is the EXB assigned properly? I guess so otherwise you would not have the readings from the EXB, right?