Thread: Daily Dosage Amount Help

Default Daily Dosage Amount Help

Hello everyone, I am a little confused by what I see in the amount to be dosed daily based on the ml/hr and number of dosings. See the 2 images below for my Calcium and Alkalinity. Perhaps I am missing something here. One of the members on Reef Central suggested I post my question here on your forum. This member on Reef Central thought my questions on the amount being dosed daily was based on the formula below. Please see his formula and then my images of what my software is telling me. Hopefully someone can confirm this for me.

For Calcium

24 dosings per day x 6ml = 144ml per day. 144 / 7days = 20.5ml average per day. I have selected to dose only two days (Fri & Sat) so 20.5 x 2 = 41ml

For Alkalinity

24 dosings per day x 3ml = 72ml per day. 72ml / 7 = 10.2ml average per day. I have selected to dose only two days (Fri & Sat) so 10.2 x 2 = 20ml

Thanks,

Philip

The average daily dosing amount shows the average dosing amount on each day of the week.
    The formule is basically correct, but you have to interchange the number of selected days (2 days in your case) and the number of days in a week to undestand this formula:
    (X (dosings per day) * Y (rate per dosing) * Z (days) ) / 7 => X*Y*Z gives you the total dosing amount in a week. To get the average dosing amount per day you have to divide it by 7.
    In your case it is:
    24*6ml*2days/7 = 144*2/7 = 288ml(total dosing amount in a week)/7(number of days in a week) = 41.14 ml.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thank you very much for the help. I understand this much more now. If I could ask one more question please. If I wanted to dose Alkalinity 6 times at 3ml per dose only during the hours of 12 am and 8 am should I be using Auto mode ?

Phil.

The auto mode spreads dosing times over a day, so if you want to dose only between 12am and 8am, you should use manual mode and set up 6 dosing times manually.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thank you very much. Have a great day,

Phil.