Thread: Ato

Default Ato

Can I set up my ATO so when the tank calls for more water, I can open a solonoid valve for 5-10 minutes, then close this valve and turn on the supply pump for the ATO.

I'm wanting a direct feed to tank from the ro unit, but it will need a short flush out before it feeds the tank each time.

Interesting question, I wonder if a delay would work. Switch activates solenoid for X minutes then off and ATO pump kicks on after X delay. Or one may have to use timers so you can specify the time on for the solenoid. The barrel tender from Avast is nice but pricey, so I have a butterfly valve inline to 30 gallons of fresh water and refill it every couple weeks. Of course, one day Murphy and I will be drinking a beer and I'll forget to refill it and that's no good, I've been looking to automate this myself.
    Perry
    A screen shot is worth a thousand words...

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras
    Controlling a 150 DSA Peninsula mixed reef.

Quote Originally Posted by GazzMan View Post
    Can I set up my ATO so when the tank calls for more water, I can open a solonoid valve for 5-10 minutes, then close this valve and turn on the supply pump for the ATO.

I'm wanting a direct feed to tank from the ro unit, but it will need a short flush out before it feeds the tank each time.
    I use an Aquatic Automatic Flush Flow Restrictor to do this, it uses a normally closed solenoid valve which flushes the membrane upon startup (for a few minutes, 5 I think) and then for a few seconds (20 ish) every hour. It is not clear from the brochure on their website, but it requires power to operate the solenoid (makes sense when you think about it).
    In my case I use it with a booster pump, high flow RO/DI kit, pressure switch (turns off pump once full) and float valve.
    I think its the best addition I have added to the RO/DI unit/

Im not sure if there is a more local source for you, but I got mine from BRS
    Stay up to date with my efforts at Blue Tang Breeding here http://facebook.com/RegalTangBreeding and Mccullochi Clownfish Breeding here https://www.facebook.com/MccullochiClownfishBreeding

Thanks guys, I have a booster pump, auto flush, high pressure switch, low pressure switch, the full monty, but on startup to make ro/di water, the TDS will raise up to 100+ sometimes.

It will take about 1-2 litres before it has dropped to its lowest of 4, this is when I open the di divert and direct the water through the di to get a finished product water of zero.

Iv found doing this, my di resin lasts much longer as I was changing it out monthly before I started producing water this way.

Anything from GHL on the original question please