Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LEDControl4 Passive and Meanwell LDD drivers

Default LEDControl4 Passive and Meanwell LDD drivers

Hi all: I'm trying to figure out how to connect and wire, if possible, the LEDControl4 Passive and these Meanwell LDD drivers

http://www.meanwell.com/search/LDD-H/LDD-H-spec.pdf

which work with a PWM signal between 2,5 and 6 V.

I think the main problem is to know what is the signal used by LEDcontrol4, ¿5 V? ¿10 V?

These drivers have several advantages over the traditional ELN or HLG D or P drivers. One: very small size; second: they are offered in several models each regulated at a certain current (300 mA, 700 mA and 1 A), third, they have PWM dimming from 0 to 100, instead of having a step between 0 and 15-20% like the HLG series, making dimming very smooth. Taking everything into account they are a very interesting alternative to dim several channels avoiding the use of several bulky ELNs drivers (a single power supply would be enough for all LDD drivers used).

Thank you

The LEDControl4 passive do not produce - lets say - a "voltage level" signal.
    The outputs are "switched" to ground potential (the driver - pin).

If you need a signal with an defined voltage, you need to add the voltage signal via a so called pullup resistor to each driver pin.
    see: http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/...2011-02-11.pdf

Frank, thank you for your response. If I understood it well, and sorry for my ignorance, that means that I have to connect a low voltage power supply (let's say 10 V) and lower it with a resistor so as to achieve the voltage required by the driver.

If you need a 5V Signal, it would be better to add a power supply with 5V to the Pullup resistors.
    If I look to the datasheet, it's not clear if you really need the additional power supply and the resistors.
    Maybe the manufacturer of the module could answer this...

Thank you Frank. I'l try to check that out with the manufacturer of the LEDs. Also I'll look for pull-up resistors diagrams and learn how they work.

Hi,

Meanwell didn't put any information about addittional power on the pwm, but like the meanwell ELN-60-48P (on the forum and the datasheet didnt mention it... -> datasheet ELN-60-48P

I have the same problem, and work on the pullout resistor for 3days now :/
    I put a power DC12V 300mA on the pullup and 2kohm I get 9.7V and still no control light via profilux (light on but no effect via profilux)... anyway I try to 500ohm to 4.7Kohm still no effect and tension still around 10V :/

I finally try a 47kohm resistor and yes Light on and control via profilux.... any way with the ELN-60-48P in this case I figure out that he need 1.23V to start light...

I go back to my tank room and will give more info when all test and install finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    Hi,

Meanwell didn't put any information about addittional power on the pwm, but like the meanwell ELN-60-48P (on the forum and the datasheet didnt mention it... -> datasheet ELN-60-48P

I have the same problem, and work on the pullout resistor for 3days now :/
    I put a power DC12V 300mA on the pullup and 2kohm I get 9.7V and still no control light via profilux (light on but no effect via profilux)... anyway I try to 500ohm to 4.7Kohm still no effect and tension still around 10V :/

I finally try a 47kohm resistor and yes Light on and control via profilux.... any way with the ELN-60-48P in this case I figure out that he need 1.23V to start light...

I go back to my tank room and will give more info when all test and install finish.
    So are you saying you are using DV12v powersupply and a 47kOHM pullup resistor on the LDD drivers in order to have PWM control through the P3eX?
    Next week I am getting my LDD drivers myself and wondering how to properly use my 2x LEDControl4 Passive with them.

Finally I get it to work I was not on the right way whan I post but get a very powerfull electronic regulator for very sensitive setting on the volt and resistances..

I need to sleep and post here very soon my almost perfect solution about communication over PWM

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    Finally I get it to work I was not on the right way whan I post but get a very powerfull electronic regulator for very sensitive setting on the volt and resistances..

I need to sleep and post here very soon my almost perfect solution about communication over PWM
    Could you share more info please. What drivers do you use - Meanwell LDDs? Also what type of voltage regulator, diming line power source etc etc. Will appreciate it!

I Will, not enougth Time right now too draw the wirring with components.