PDA

View Full Version : New modell coming from Mitras?

Helfish
01.04.2015, 17:25
Dear GHL team,

I am planning to buy Mitras lamps for my reef tank. Now I am wondering, that if you have any plans to launch a revised version from your already high-tech light? Mitras launched in 2012 an since then, the LED technology has made more advancements. I would love to have a Mitras with full wireless connections with my computer too. So before I go and buy the lamps, I would like to know, if you are planning to do some modifications to Mitras in the coming months? It would not be nice, if I get it now, and then in few months time (macna?) a new version of Mitras is launched.

And for the people who are reading this, do you think, that it would be perfect time to uppdate Mitras?

Sincerely
Niko

diverdutch
08.04.2015, 05:26
First with electronics is what you purchase today is outdated tomorrow... this is execrated but developments here are going very fast!

All I can comment is that GHL is the only manufacture that if they present a product upgrade they always insure that their existing products can benefit that upgraded too...

Gunther
08.04.2015, 08:56
Mitras launched in 2012 an since then, the LED technology has made more advancements.

With the Mitras system you have the possibilities to participate from further developments without changing the device.

Firmware is under development, enhancements, updates and corrections are made from time to time
the LEDs are mounted on changeable light clusters, so if there will be a revolutionary new LED technique in future, you can participate by changing the LED boards only

I donĀ“t think GHL will create a "new Mitras" so soon due the current platform has a lot of options for the future