PDA

View Full Version : Conductivity calibration problems

Helfish
30.03.2015, 20:58
I have Profilux 2 with CondS + Redox add on card. I just bought new conductance electrode for it and have been trying to calibrate it for few times now. For the first two times, the calibration did not work and the value was 0,0mS. For the third time i got these readings. Can you confirm, that these readings are correct?

I Also measured the salinity of my tank with TetraTec hydrometer and it showed a figure of 1,029!? So which one is correct?

7278 7279

Antipodes
30.03.2015, 21:04
To me the upper limit looks a a bit low, but if you put the probe in the 50ms test solution at the right temperature then it should read 50ms.
If it does then calibration should be good and I would trust the Profilux.

Big one to remember is to sit the container in the aquarium to warm up to the aquarium temp and to ensure you enter the current aquarium temp when prompted to do so.
Conductance is very temp sensitive and you will get a good accurate figure if this is taken into consideration.

Also are you using the correct probe? Should be a platinum probe for marine use. Did you break your other probe? If not then it should be OK as they do not wear out!!

Helfish
30.03.2015, 21:10
I did warm the calibration fluid in tank before taking the measurement. It also showed the correct 50mS figure, when inserted in to the calibration fluid.

I have the platinum probe for saltwater. The one, that came with it (used) did not work. The ADC 1 and 2 were both reading 20, no matter what I did. It was totally different looking probe, than the new one I got. The old one was mainly glass and i saw a bit rust inside of it, so I decided to order a new one :)

Antipodes
31.03.2015, 00:08
Cool.
If it reads 50ms in the test fluid, I would trust that as the most accurate!!

Helfish
31.03.2015, 19:57
Thanks a lot for the help! :)