PDA

View Full Version : My plants love mitras lx6000

sonicNor
03.03.2015, 17:54
Been running very reduced lights while awaiting my two lx6000.

They have now been running for two weeks.
Im running at 60% in 80% high output right now (5600K, 70 PAR at substrate) , slowly ramping up to ensure my co2 reactor and nutrition scheme can keep up with the lights.

they seem to love it

http://youtu.be/KD0BRihPCxc

i have measured 210PAR at substrate running all leds at 100% in my 160*60*60cm tank using a seneye reef

Matthias
04.03.2015, 08:56
Thank you for sharing this!
This is a massive Oxygen-production we can see here.

Yes, it is amazing what the right light-spectrum can do for the photosynthesis of your plants.

Constructing a good LED lamp means much more than just take some LEDs and a LED-driver and put them in a housing, the selection of the LEDs and exact binnings are very important to achieve a perfect light for plants and corals.

Nicolas_A
04.03.2015, 19:59
Very nice indeed what is your target for dosing ?

sonicNor
04.03.2015, 22:38
Very nice indeed what is your target for dosing ?

My Dosing is considered way too high i presume. More like 1,5 ppm Po4.
Im running a customized Nutrition Scheme abit like EI from a danish plant guru. I get really good pearling in the evenings.

i had to cut my crinum calamistratum 5 days ago. it has grown back 10cm+. Its considered a slow grower.

My Echinodorus Red Diamond was shooting flowers in the past. 8 flowers in total on 3 nodes. A shooter making its way to the surface totally changed directions when Mitras was installed. Instead of shooting for the surface it turned around and went straight to the bottom producing 10 flowers on one node alone. there is 4 nodes in total so im guessing 30 flowers in total. The shooter has a nice U bend showing pre / post mitras installation.

My tank has 8 weeks of neglected care waiting for mitras with low light (sold my old crappy leds).. im ashamed of my tank in its current state but im pretty confident it will come back exceeding its previous "greatness"

Nicolas_A
04.03.2015, 23:50
The result speaks for itself... I was also thinking about changing my lights for some mitras lightbars. I calculated that you are around 0.63w per L (600 L, 2 Mitras LX6000 rated at 190w = 380w). So I would have to buy twelve 160cm mitras lightbars since the max rating is 96w :(

You don't get algae with so much PO4 ?

Matthias
05.03.2015, 07:31
he is operating the lamp at 60% * 80% = 48%, not even half the max. power of 190W, so this reduces your Mitras LB amount. I recommend to start with 4 x double rows for your 2000l, if it is not enough maybe a 5th row later

sonicNor
10.03.2015, 22:44
Another 5 days of growth :D

The same flower has grown a 15 cm leaf

The crinum has added another 7-8 cm

Mitras rocks. This is amazing. I upped the light to 85PAR for a few hours during the day but i started getting signs of Algea so i backed of to my "old" settings today. I cant keep up with the nutritions / circulation / co2 @ 85 PAR. Im not even sure im going to progress with higher PAR levels in the near future with the growth im seeing lately. I just have to evaluate my carpeting to ensure it keeps low and compact enough.

It is also worth noting that i ran the exact same PAR Levels with my old LED Solution as i run now with the mitras. I love the spectrum and i output high amounts of red.