PDA

View Full Version : Setting up Kalkwasser pump with ph probe on soket how to add Max on time control?

wcho
14.01.2015, 06:03
I am setting up Kalkwasser pump on the socket. I'd like to activate the pump when ph is low( i assigned ph increase on the socket) now is there any way i can add Max on time control to this just in case?

Thanks for the help

Won

wcho
15.01.2015, 03:36
Does anyone know what's alternative way not to overdose?

Antipodes
15.01.2015, 04:14
Hi,
I used to use this also, but under your PH probe settings there so things that will help.
Make sure you set alarm so that if it overdoses you are informed.
Dectivate control should be Yes (This will ensure the dosing is turned off if overdosed)

I select Pulsed/pause fixed to dose kalk.
This means it will only turn on for a fixed time and pause for another fixed time (1 min on and 3 off for me) while it senses a low PH.
What this allows is a dose of kalk for 1 minute, then it turns off for 3 minutes allowing the water to circulates and mixe and allows the PH to stabilise after dosing. (Change times to suit yourself)

I recommend off during feedpause as pumps are not on then.

Now, there are a number of other ways to do this, but I suggest that this is the easiest and used the normal selectable modes of the controller to do this.

I use a dosing pump for the feed, but if you are using a normal pump, I suggest you make sure the diameter of the hose is airline size (or around this) to makes sure you don't put too much in at once.

Hope this helps. ( I suggest you make sure it all works before walking away from the tank and leaving it overnight)

wcho
15.01.2015, 07:32
Thank you. That works well. now I'd like to add a logic that Dosing pump off(normal pump) when the return pump is off.