PDA

View Full Version : Calibrating Conductivity with 50ms solution??

Orven_swe
23.12.2014, 22:28
I try to calibrate the conductivity probe. But the calibration value 2 shows in uS and I can not alter it to higher than 2000us.
Which would be 2mS if I'm correct.
What am I missing?
Seems like I'm doing something really wrong.
Oscar

Lasse
25.12.2014, 13:18
You are in fresh water mode. If the conductive meter is conected to a ex computer (inbuild conductivity interface) you can change the mode. Do the same thing as you do when you calibrate but do not chose calibrate - just scroll down to measurement mode. If you use ProfiLux Control Center you can find a buttom named - Change Measurements Range. But this is only valid for the computer ex interface - not for expansionscards or boxes. How to do there I do not know.

Sincerely Lasse

Orven_swe
26.12.2014, 13:31
Hi!
Thanks for the reply. I actually found this out by my self and did as you suggested.
But it seems to measure a bit off. It says 214uS now, but with my handheld device I measure 142.
Could that be because I calibrated it with 5mS solutions which is quite far away from the freshwater?
Shouldn't a calibrationsolution for freshwater be included also?
That should be the one with 1,41mS?
/Oscar

Lasse
26.12.2014, 16:05
If you intend to use it in freshwater you should not calibrate it with the 50 mS solution and use it as a saltwater device. Change it to a fresh water device and use the calibration fluid for freshwater.

Sincerely Lasse

PS Du hittar mig på salvattensguiden.se eller Zoopet.se med samma nick "Lasse". Så an vi konversera på ärans och hjältarnas språk. Använd pm där