PDA

View Full Version : Trying to connect to my Prof outdoor

AquariusFish
19.10.2009, 04:26
I have read the manual and all of the threads that seem to be related to connecting to a PC through the serial cable but I still cant get it to connect. I am a spoiled Mac user so I am not adept at dealing with the bowels of the Windows systems so maybe I need a really dumbed down explanation of what i am doing wrong. I am using Parallels with Windows XP installed. I have downloaded Aquarium Controller and installed it. I purchased a Sabrent USB to serial converter. On-line manual said no driver need to be installed for XP. Wrong...device not recognized when plugged in. Downloaded driver from Sabrent website and successfully installed, device now recognized. Connected the cable to the Profilux RS232 cable. Went to windows device manager found device connected to COM4. Opened Aquarium controller in connections under interface changed to COM4. Wont connect. Tried changing to COM5 on device and Aquarium control still no luck. Any advice?

H20ENG
20.10.2009, 06:28
I had to have the profilux software search for the connected COM port. It found it, I switched to it, then it worked. I pulled my hair out until then.
Good luck:)

AquariusFish
20.10.2009, 16:00
I had to have the profilux software search for the connected COM port. It found it, I switched to it, then it worked. I pulled my hair out until then.
Good luck:)

I tried that too but it couldnt find it.

GHL Support
20.10.2009, 19:51
As you told, you do everything right except you change the connectionspeed. It should be at 9600 on you Profilux and also in your control.
The problem could be your USB to serial adaper. There a few adapters that are uncompatible with every type of profilux. Try to give it to your dealer and take a other one from a different manufacturer. What chipset do that Sabrent adaper use? The prolifc chipset is the one that will work to 95% with the profilux. Maybe you can check this our at the dealer direcly before buy annother failure one.