PDA

View Full Version : SMS not working.

doggydoc10
09.12.2014, 19:10
As stated. SMS not sending messages as prev. Running version 3.03. Verified all settings. Battery level perfect. Cycled the Profilux and the SMS and still not communicating.
Any help?

jjablonski
09.12.2014, 20:38
Check com settings
System-communication-Com1: Baud=9600

doggydoc10
09.12.2014, 21:15
Checked
Nothing abnormal.
https://vimeo.com/114062014
Short video of front panel and insides.

jjablonski
09.12.2014, 21:22
Replace batery, helped in my case

doggydoc10
09.12.2014, 21:24
Battery was replaced less than 6 months ago!
And it doesn't look like the old one used to. Not "big and fluffy".

doggydoc10
09.12.2014, 21:55
Another question. Was able to receive 3 test messages right after cycled the unit!
Could it still be the battery? Once I cycled, red GSM led started blinking red every 3 secs...it's been 3 mins since I received the txts, now led is back to lighting up every second....

Artur
10.12.2014, 10:20
GSM (red) – shows the state of the GSM module:

Fast flashing (1s-period): Is searching for a radio network, not registered on the net yet
Slow flashing (3s-period): Is registered in the radio network

doggydoc10
10.12.2014, 13:29
Thanks. I am well aware. Read the manual IN ITS TOTALITY. All 3 pages.
As a customer I am looking for possible solutions.
Thanks.

Artur
10.12.2014, 13:56
It is dificullt to tell what it could be, maybe the radio reception is bad or the antenna.
Did you try a SIM card from another provider and changed the position of the SMS module?

doggydoc10
10.12.2014, 14:34
I understand it's difficult to tell, that's why I am speaking to the EXPERTS here to come up with a solution.
Unit is on a shelf at the top of it, not covered by anything and in the garage. So clearly signal is not an issue. I have also changed antennas to a spare one I have and NOTHING.
I have tried several SIM cards and still no changes. I even took the unit to the outside of my house and still reception didn't change.

doggydoc10
11.12.2014, 17:16
Anyone?

doggydoc10
12.12.2014, 01:01
Update.
After getting the battery tested at a PROF testing facility in town, battery was deemed to be in PERFECT shape. I went ahead and got a new ATT SIM card. Tested and in working condition. I even went a step beyond and placed the SIM card in a phone to test it right where my equipment is and the phone was able to make and receive calls AND text messages.
I have already ruled out battery issues and signal issues. What else can I do?
On another note it is very frustrating that Profilux owners have to go through so much trouble-shooting in order to get a unit back to working order.

doggydoc10
13.12.2014, 00:43
Update. Received email from Michael today. Will be sending a new battery at NO COST TO ME to try out. Hopefully that will solve the issue. Even though I tested the battery at a prof testing facility and it passed. If not I guess I am out of luck and will have to buy a new unit.
I still would like to figure out why SMS is not working but something's are not meant to be!

doggydoc10
18.12.2014, 21:24
New battery in place courtesy of Michael.
Installed
Problem still persists.
Anyone care to chime in on order to get my unit working?
Thanks

doggydoc10
20.12.2014, 02:59
Update.
STILL not able to get SMS to work. Now I can't even see the SMS on Profilux control. Running latest versions on both P3 and GHL control center.
I have checked box under administration in order to search for SMS when connecting.
And nothing.
My SMS is connected to P3 via RS 232.
Any info would be appreciated.

GHL Support
22.12.2014, 16:23
You have a PM.

doggydoc10
22.12.2014, 17:43
Thank you.
From what I gather I need to send directly to you!

GHL Support
23.12.2014, 14:28
Please contact your local retailer for the further steps - thank you.

nickg
05.12.2016, 11:17
hi all,
i have the same problem, my gsm (red) is fast flashing and wont register. I have had this unit working for 12 months, replaced the battery 6 months ago. Have checked the sim in a mobile phone and is working fine. I have checked the battery and it is not swollen, have re powered the unit multiple times.
Anyone got any ideas on a fix?

doggydoc10
05.12.2016, 18:40
I would get the battery changed.
That's usually the case even if the battery doesn't look swollen.
I have had several issues over the past 5 years with SMS unit and it always boils down to the battery.
Have hem send you one over the mail and go from there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nickg
09.01.2017, 09:24
ok well have just replaced the battery, the issue has not gone away.

the unit will not register on the network. Has anyone got any ideas on a fix??

doggydoc10
09.01.2017, 12:05
I thought so.
I had same issue with mine. Ended up sending it to Marco at GHL. They are looking into it but preliminary diagnostics point out to be some SIM card issue! Do you have ATT as your provider? I do an apparently they updated their systems to 4G on the first of the year and that's creating an issue.
Hopefully we will have an answer soon!

nickg
10.01.2017, 08:07
i'm in australia, telstra is the provider
when i use the sim in a older phone it still comes up with the 3g network, i just activated and tried a new sim and still no joy
is there a service provider in australia?

nickg
10.01.2017, 09:31
so i have just tried a new sim with a different provider (optus) and thankfully it is now working

sounds like a similar issue to yours i.e. the network provider has changed something that is not compatible with the sms unit

doggydoc10
10.01.2017, 13:06
Yes. Apparently AT&T in the states eliminated coverage for 2G equipment as Jan 1st.
And from what I hear SMS units work on 2G.
Hopefully GHL can come with an upgrade to be able to solve this.
Marco from GHL USA has been on TOP of this.
I truly thank him for all his work.

nickg
21.07.2018, 08:02
here we go again

so my unit again randomly wont register on the network , red light blinking quickly

i have tried different sims from different providers, all sims work in a phone but will not work in unit

the battery looks fine

any ideas anyone?

doggydoc10
21.07.2018, 12:16
I have had cases in which battery “looks fine” but lost its ability to provide charge. I would replace battery first before doing anything else.
What network are you using?

nickg
25.07.2018, 07:45
hi so i replaced the battery in January when this same problem happened. I ordered to batteries at the time so just swapped them out again now.

has made no difference.

i have sims for optus / telstra / vodafone basically all the networks here in Australia.

this is a really frustrating problem

Any other ideas? in the control centre the sms unit registers and connects fine, all the lights on the front of the unit are fine except the gsm network light, which is flashing quickly

doggydoc10
25.07.2018, 12:17
Then If battery is not the issue you have to look at your cel co. Last year here in the states most cel networks dropped their 3G coverage and the older style SIM cards were rendered useless. You might need to find a Co that still services old 3G coverage.

On another note. I hope SMS unit gets a new facelift from GHL soon.
Seems like it’s the last one to be updated!

nickg
31.03.2019, 09:03
any idea on timing of new 4G unit?