PDA

View Full Version : Problems accessing Profilux with Cox Communications

Crazy35111
24.09.2014, 15:54
I was wondering if any other users have Cox Commincations as their ISP. I have tried about everything I know to be able to access the Profilux outside the network and cant do it. Had a professional over to look at it as well and he said Cox is pretty picky on allowing outside requests. I know it can be done because I have a dropcam and I can view it. Anyone able to help?

Thanks

Gunther
24.09.2014, 18:53
I know it can be done because I have a dropcam and I can view it.
Unfortunately this is no confirmation. There are two ways to get into your local network:

You know the IP via DynDNS or you have a redirection to it and there is an open port and a forwarding to the Profilux
A network device, maybe your dropcam, "invites" you via service provider.

First way is the one of the Profilux at the moment. It´s mandatory to open a port and forward it to do so.

Second way is the one a lot of device manufacturer do it these days. There is no need to configure anything inside the router, but there must be a service provider outside (mostly the device vendor).

At the moment the second way isn´t possible with the PL. Maybe this would be an enhancement for the announced cloud service ....

Crazy35111
25.09.2014, 16:42
Ok so I am able to view my router from outside the network. I have tried setting up port forwarding but when I enter my WAN with port from outside it just takes me to the router...Any thoughts? Also I havent attempted the web interface in years since I could never get it to connect. I remember going to a webpage to access that page before or at least a template of some sort. I have also searched the web for any info and cannot find how to actually setup the page except for the 6 page User define webpage PDF. Can someone point me in the direction of how to get this ball rolling? On that PDF it references the user.html and index.html but have NO idea where to find these. I appreciate all the help.