PDA

View Full Version : LEDControl1 and TMC

Rene2322
20.09.2014, 17:54
I have a Profilux 3 eX (fw version 6.09) controlling (among others) my T5 illumination dimmable by the DALI protocol. I do like the possibilities for simulating the progress of the sun. However imho the difference between no light and light is to abruptly, so I bought myself a few LEDControl1's to dimm 2 TMC Aquabeam lights. I hoped that these LED's were better dimmable. The dimming curve looks nice, but unfortunately the transition between light and dark is even bigger.

My LEDControl1 is connected to L5/L6. The voltage setting under SYSTEM is set to 1-10V.

Is there a setting to solve this "problem" or is it just the limit of the hardware?

If this does not work I think I buy another SimuL stick (I have on on my other system) to cover the earl morning and late evening.

Gunther
20.09.2014, 20:02
Decrease the lower limit down to 0 V and try it again.

Rene2322
23.09.2014, 13:02
Decrease the lower limit down to 0 V and try it again.

That helps a lot, although there is still a big difference in the light/dark transition... With the 0-10V, is it still advisible to use a switchable socket and totally shut-off at 0%???

I now use the Orange/Red channel of my GHL Simu-L for sunrise / sunset. The White/Blue is in use for the moonlight simulation. Is it possible to use this channel (blue/white) also for sunrise/sunset?
My sunrise is at 07:00 and sunset ends at 23:00. The T5 and LED 08:00-22:00. The moonsimulation is still as standard. I think I need a dark periode then (move the moonsimulation to 24:00-06:00)... Any other suggestions...?

Thanks for the input.
René

Gunther
23.09.2014, 14:18
That helps a lot, although there is still a big difference in the light/dark transition... With the 0-10V, is it still advisible to use a switchable socket and totally shut-off at 0%???

You can assign a socket to the light channel or if you are able to DIY build in an EVG-AP-1F-HIC or EVG-AP-2F-HIC. This device switches off the power at 0%.
For plug-and- play the LF-ABOX does the same.